Kevin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
It's all for the greater good!
badge
The greater good...
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty simple idea. I thought it was an easy way to give rolling triple Energy a reward without it actually giving out extra energy. The result is a subtle buff that still relates to energy and lets you get to pick a new slate of cards without actually having to pay the cost.

What do you guys think? To be honest, I haven't played with this idea yet. I will try it tonight with my group of Tokyo players.

To stack on to that, here is a list of what happens if you roll 4/5/6 Energy cubes. This one isn't as thought out as the first idea I suggested, but here it is:

= 1 Free Sweep
= 1 Free Sweep OR Freely Sweep only 2 cards
= 1 Free Sweep OR Freely Sweep only 1 card
= 2 Free Sweeps OR 1 Free Sweep & 1 Free Partial Sweep (1 or 2)

Go ahead, have at it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that's a fine idea.
KevinC wrote:
Pretty simple idea. I thought it was an easy way to give rolling triple Energy a reward without it actually giving out extra energy. The result is a subtle buff that still relates to energy and lets you get to pick a new slate of cards without actually having to pay the cost.

What do you guys think? To be honest, I haven't played with this idea yet. I will try it tonight with my group of Tokyo players.

To stack on to that, here is a list of what happens if you roll 4/5/6 Energy cubes. This one isn't as thought out as the first idea I suggested, but here it is:

= 1 Free Sweep
= 1 Free Sweep OR Freely Sweep only 2 cards
= 1 Free Sweep OR Freely Sweep only 1 card
= 2 Free Sweeps OR 1 Free Sweep & 1 Free Partial Sweep (1 or 2)

Go ahead, have at it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh?!

So a 'free' sweep will cost more (3 energy) than a normal sweep (2 energy)?

Why would you ever want to do that?

The only part of this that makes any sense is the 1 or 2 card sweep.

The rest just makes something you can already do with energy more expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure he means you get to sweep in addition to the energy you gain.
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Eh?!

So a 'free' sweep will cost more (3 energy) than a normal sweep (2 energy)?

Why would you ever want to do that?

The only part of this that makes any sense is the 1 or 2 card sweep.

The rest just makes something you can already do with energy more expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The greater good...
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:

Correct!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinC wrote:
nerman8r wrote:

Correct!

Ah, that makes much more sense then!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Metro Detroit Area
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about if you roll 3+ Energy, you can 'Sweep' for 2 Energy and if you purchase something off of the newly revealed cards, it cost 2 less Energy that turn?

That way it still has a cost, plus a possible benefit and doesn't allow folks that turtle (collecting Energy instead of attacking) too much of an advantage. I like the idea of going through the deck more, but do not want it to be too great of a reward.

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tturtling is generally a bad strategy in KoT, so giving the energy collectors a little bonus would help the game, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The greater good...
mbmbmbmbmb
RollD6 wrote:
How about if you roll 3+ Energy, you can 'Sweep' for 2 Energy and if you purchase something off of the newly revealed cards, it cost 2 less Energy that turn?

That way it still has a cost, plus a possible benefit and doesn't allow folks that turtle (collecting Energy instead of attacking) too much of an advantage. I like the idea of going through the deck more, but do not want it to be too great of a reward.

Thoughts?

This is what our group settled on. We call this "Super Sweep" or sometimes "Invested Sweep". Thanks for enriching our gameplay experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinC wrote:
RollD6 wrote:

Thoughts?

This is what our group settled on. We call this "Super Sweep" or sometimes "Invested Sweep". Thanks for enriching our gameplay experience!
Really? That seems extra complicated for no reason to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
The greater good...
mbmbmbmbmb
nerman8r wrote:
KevinC wrote:
RollD6 wrote:

Thoughts?

Really? That seems extra complicated for no reason to me.

Not sure how it's that complicated. On a turn which you roll 3 Energy, when you Sweep the cards, you can use the Energy you Spent on the next set of revealed cards. Even if you don't spend that Energy on the new cards, the 2 Energy you spend to Sweep still gets used up.

It's a balanced buff to give rolling 3 Energy something interesting and a way to bring out new cards without the feeling of "I just wasted my money to pull new cards out for the next players."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
He's saying that sweeping is normal, but the act of sweeping gives you 2e in "credit" that disappears at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.