Subject: [No spoilers] 3rd/4th Session. We open a lot of envelopes! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After a couple of weeks of being unable to coordinate agendas, 5 of us met for another session of Risk Legacy. I uploaded images to BGG but they are pending, so no pics for now.

3rd Game
We started very slow, with each player starting in a different continent (except Oceania, but the Asia player quickly grabbed that). In my first turn I made a bold move and expanded all over Europe. I managed to hold it for a turn at the expense of my missile. Seeing as I would be painting a target on myself, I gave away Iceland in the second turn. Everyone kept expanding 1-2 slots, except the player on South America (which I will call Mr. Grumpy) who got pinned by the players in Africa and North America. From that point on, Mr. Grumpy started complaining that he did not like this game and that he would only grab 3 armies per turn+ 2 of continent bonus. He would place them in his base and cry like a baby: "Mr Africa, your turn now. I have nothing to do"

He did that for 2-3 rounds until Mr. North america gave him some place to grow. Meanwhile, Mr. Asia grew a LOT: since he controlled Oceania and with the use of a base power he was getting like 7-8 troops per turn. He used those to expand over half of Asia and to conquer Mr. Africa’s HQ. At that point we made a truce. Everyone let me keep Europe on the promise that I would spend all my extra troops in kicking Mr.Asia’s a**. I tried so, but my terrible rolls ended up only taking 2-3 territories. The plan was that old Mr. Africa would recover his HQ, but before that Mr. Grumpy made his move: he cashed in all his cards, and conquered both Africa’s HQ and mine (in Europe), making it for a quick win!

At each game we were mostly interested in placing minor cities, so we ran out and opened our first envelope.

Without giving spoilers away, the envelope introduced a few nice rules. These rules are really cool and make the game more interesting. They should be a staple in any Risk game, but I see why they saved them until the 3rd-4th game through the Legacy aspects.

4th Game
Eager to try the new rules we went straight for our 4th game. No brakes, no toilet breaks, no nothing. This time, I started in between Asia and Oceania, but the general starting locations were roughly the same. Previous Mr. Africa wanted revenge from the previous match, so he placed an ugly scar in previous Mr.Asia. We all around veeeery carefully. After 4 turns or so we ran out of coin cards so I got a star (I had more territories than anyone else). Everyone dismissed it, probably because I had previously won a game...so I start with a single missile rather than a star.

That was their loss, and I made my evil plans for world domination: I had 4 cards (which I could cash in anytime), my HQ and an extra star, so I was missing a single star. To sweeten the things, one of my neighbors lost most of his troops against a single defender, ending up with only 2 troops defending his HQ. My turn starts, I cash in a start and conquer the final HQ.

Just a minor note: we had 3 missiles, and there is a rule to open an envelope if 3 missiles are used at the same time. Unfortunately, that lid opened on its own (transport problems) so we says “fuck it, use the 3 missiles in the last roll”.

Without giving spoilers away, the package has a lot of things...so we decided to ignore it, finish the game and that I would read the rules carefully for the next match. I won’t give any spoilers, but that was clearly a mistake. Opening the envelope has an impact on that battle and would have brought something very cool. It is a pity because we ignored it. At least we learned a lesson.

As a bonus we got to open a second envelope because I won for my second time

We have a lot of new rules to assimilate in the next game session!! Fortunately, that one will be tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Grumpy here. Thanks for the session reports. It is fun (and painful) to read over them. I am really enjoying our legacy experience so far. Now if only I can only convince the other players to wake up to the evil that is Nushura. I mean, so far you have robbed some tourists, taken candy from several babies, kicked some cute lil puppies and have had sex with several bloated corpses (mine, sadly). Mr. Grumpy speaks the grumpy truth. And it is ugly all over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Grumpy attacking again!! It is not my fault if the other players paved my path to victory

By the way, have you gotten rid of your defeat smell yet? 'cause you only seem to win when whinning!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not your fault at all. You were born that way (ya sneaky bugger). They should start listening to what I am saying. I have pretty much explained how you will win 2 times and people are still tripping over themselves to make it happen. So, this wormtongue style advice you are pitching isn't getting them anywhere but bent over a barrel. Why is it I seem to be the only one that is aware of your evil schemes? Whyyyyyyyy? qrstuvwx...Y....z. Wyclef Jean?...Cough...Cough...stink of failure....still not clean...

If I only win by whining you better break out the cheese 'cause here comes the whine!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.