Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I played Spire recently and I had several questions about the rule.

1. Is the game over when two player both pass in succession? Neither Shibumi Rule Book nor Dieter's site doesn't tell it clearly, but my friend and I assumed that is the correct way.

2. Shibumi Rule Book doesn't state that players must place a ball if possible. So my friend and I both assumed that the game is over when one player pass (because other player can just pass and make the game end). It was actually is quite interesting game. We were both focusing on trapping the other. After we played, I went to Dieter Stein's site and found that placing is mandatory. I hope the next edition of Shibumi Rule Book will fix this!

Anyway, thank you for creating this interesting little game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dieter Stein
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Ken,

yes - the game is over when both players must pass their move. Moving is mandatory and note, after passing your move there might be another move for you again after your opponent's turn.

The trapping tactics you mentioned is essential for Spire gameplay. Yet if you place your color at the very top in the end, perfect "shibumi" is accomplished.

Thanks for asking!
Dieter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.