Tajemnicze Domostwo» Forums » General

Subject: Just curious: how do you prototype such a game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
Where is Ishtar's nipple??!
mbmbmbmbmb
The eerie cards rich in details are so crucial to the game, I can't imagine what would one substitute them with. Also, I guess that final balancing of the game without final graphics would be impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleksandr Nevskiy
Ukraine
Khmelnitsky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it wasn't easy. For example, item, location and character cards includes different details, symbols and archetypes, which were encoded in a special way, and linked in a certain manner. But we really had some difficulties, and you've correctly pointed out to them. It is impossible to test the game until the card won't be ready, even if you have the description of each card. For example, we had to redo half of the location cards completely. Though they were perfect in respect to the artistic value. After testing we came to sad conclusion, that if there are too many small details, lots of people don't look for them and don't associate with them. They just give the association to the function of the location. So, in such an empirical way we've found the maximum quantity of details that the average player needs to make those details work for them.

By the way, we recommend you to try our version of the rules. It will appear in the files section soon. It differs slightly from the Polish version, particularly the final phase of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oleksandr! Can you tell us about the main difference between Polish and Russian/ Ukrainian versions (unfortunately I don't speak Polish)?

spasibo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.