Subject: Negative Strength Ice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I know this has been discussed awhile back, but just want t make sure there aren't further odd interactions, with the current cardpool.

It has always been possible to have negative strength ice, but if Bishop sees more play, it could be relatively common. So, what ramifications could there be for negative strength ice (if it can, in fact, exist)?

Parasite accounts for this by saying, "0 strength or less", with regards to trashing it.

Atman, I would assume couldn't break negative strength ice, since you can't make it negative strength.

Any other effects/interactions?

Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Hi, I know this has been discussed awhile back, but just want t make sure there aren't further odd interactions, with the current cardpool.

It has always been possible to have negative strength ice, but if Bishop sees more play, it could be relatively common. So, what ramifications could there be for negative strength ice (if it can, in fact, exist)?

Parasite accounts for this by saying, "0 strength or less", with regards to trashing it.

Atman, I would assume couldn't break negative strength ice, since you can't make it negative strength.

Any other effects/interactions?

Many thanks!

Lukas did confirm ICE can have negative strength. As far as other reasons that are significant, cant think of any right now. Anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah so far the only things that can really lower ICE strength are Parasite or Wyrm (and Bishop as mentioned), and I don't think there would be any significant reason to interact with ICE via Atman with either of those cards dropping the strength below zero.

Though, I guess, maybe using Ice Carver on zero-strength ICE might make them negative as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MavericK96 wrote:

Though, I guess, maybe using Ice Carver on zero-strength ICE might make them negative as well?

Correct. A 0 strength Atman would not be able to break a Rototurret if an Ice Carver was in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Kozłowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only other interaction that was not yet mentioned (perhaps since it's probably quite obvious) is Corporate Troubleshooter - you're increasing the strength from the negative number, not from 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.