Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Remaining Investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they will eventually release the other investigators we've come to know so well from Mansions of Madness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
I hope they will eventually release the other investigators we've come to know so well from Mansions of Madness.

They're too busy exploring spooky mansions to go globe-trotting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the starting investigators from Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness and Elder Sign will be joining the Eldritch Horror crew for a while. For one thing, it's nice to give the characters from the Arkham expansions a bit more exposure. Secondly, there's the issue of Ashcan Pete. A globetrotting bum is simply too absurd to explain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I don't think the starting investigators from Arkham Horror, Mansions of Madness and Elder Sign will be joining the Eldritch Horror crew for a while. For one thing, it's nice to give the characters from the Arkham expansions a bit more exposure. Secondly, there's the issue of Ashcan Pete. A globetrotting bum is simply too absurd to explain.

Really? You never heard of hobos riding the rail roads across country, or jumping a ship to sail across an ocean? I have - and I think it might have been a little bit easier back in the 20s than trying to sneak onto a cargo ship today (or getting a single passage job without any papers).

I'm with the OP here - it will be nice to see all our favorites from FFG's HP Lovecraft lore in the game. However, I think it will be milked over a few expansions just like the GOOs/AOs (which, to be fair, need a lot of work coming up with interesting mysteries and research cards). I suspect we will see just as many EH expansions over the years as we did with AH, and they will be more varied like Descent 2E's expansions (big box, little box, figure expansions, etc).

Heck, I'd love to see the AH miniatures sold with cards for their 4 Mythos games (AH, EH, MoM, and ES) - or at least those that don't have cards in expansions yet. It would be an interesting way to increase figurine sales while also generating interest in cross-product purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
Clipper wrote:

Really? You never heard of hobos riding the rail roads across country, or jumping a ship to sail across an ocean? I have - and I think it might have been a little bit easier back in the 20s than trying to sneak onto a cargo ship today (or getting a single passage job without any papers).

What could be really interesting though is if he is not allowed to prepare for travel. Or perhaps he must perform an influence test to do so.

Since he is a Hobo it would make sense for him to not be able to acquire tickets but still globe trot exaclty as you describe.

I'm not sure how they would balance that though since it would be quite a hindrance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C David Dent
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Additionally, give him the special ability for Rails like Silas has for ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.