Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
80 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Infiltrators 3 - Turn 8 Succession Phase - Deadline is July 30th, 5pm bgg rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infiltrators is a game of social deduction, with some card mechanics, designed by
M J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This will be playtest number 3, with some changes that came from the second game.

Here are the rules:

Players will be divided among two different colors (Blue and Red). There will be a room for each color, but one of the players will be an Infiltrator, with a card of the opposite color to the room.

For instance, for an 8 player game, the Blue Room will have 3 Blue players, and 1 Red player, and vice-versa for the Red Room.

This iteration of the game will only run with an even number of players.

At the start of the game, each Room will have a member selected at random to be the Leader.

The game will be played in turns, with each turn composed of 3 phases:
1 - Succession Phase(conditional)
2 - Tactics Phase
3 - Tactics Execution Phase
If the game hasn't ended on the Tactics Execution Phase, a new turn begins.

1 - The Succession Phase
The Succession Phase will only occur in case a Leader played the "Kill Own Player" Tactic Card, or the "Pass" Tactic card, the previous turn.
If this is the case, the current Leader has to choose the new Leader from the other members of the Room. They cannot choose themselves.
Players in the opposing location will be informed who is the new leader.
Note: At the start of the game, the Room's leader will be selected at random from all members of the Room. The opposing room will be aware of who this leader is.

2 - The Tactics Phase
During this phase, all members of the Room (Leader included) can choose a Tactics Card to use that round, and on whom, and Propose the card and targets. Proposals can then be voted on by every member of the Room. The Proposal with more voters will be chosen to be carried out by the Leaders. If there is a tie, the Leader's vote will break the tie.
Both Tactics cards chosen in this way will be used on the target chosen in the Proposal.
Tactics cards can never be used on Leaders nor players that have been eliminated. When three or less players remain at one location none of them may be targeted with "kill own member" or "capture opposing member".
If any effect would result in a faction to have less then three members in it, negate the effect.
Used cards cease to be available until the "Pass" Tactics Card is played. Cards "T1 - Reveal the Plans", "T2 - Attack the Enemy Base" and "T7 - Propaganda" start the game as unavailable.
Cards will be Proposed through the orders system on Cassandra, with the "Propose to Play Tactics Card on ________" order. You will then specify which card you are using on the text field, and if necessary, the second player affected. If you are Proposing a card with no target player, you can choose yourself as the target.
Proposals will be Voted on through the orders system on Cassandra, with the "Vote to Play Tactics Card on ________" order. You will then specify which card you are voting on using the text field, and if necessary, the second player affected. If you are Voting on a card with no target player, you can choose yourself as the target.
Tactics Cards played will be public, as well as their targets.
Tactics cards cannot be used on Leaders or eliminated players.

The cards are:
T1 - Reveal the Plans(Game Ends): All players from that location reveal their Role card. If the role card of all that location's members match, then each player with that role card wins. If at least one of the players reveals a role card that does not match the location they are in, the location's color loses instead.

T2 - Attack the Enemy Base(Game Ends): The members of the opposite location reveal their role card. If none of the revealed roles match the attacking location, the attack was successful, and each player with the role card of the attacking location wins. If at least one of the players reveals a role card that matches the colour of the attacking location, the attacking location loses instead.

T3 - Pass: This card makes every Tactics Card available for use again. If it is played, the Leader of the opposing room can pick any player(including the Leader) from the Room that passed, and see his role(Red or Blue). The room that passed will know which player the Leader chose to view the role.
When played, this card triggers the Succession Phase next turn.

T4 - Create Distraction: If the opposing Room's tactic card is one from T5 to T12, its effect is negated.

T5 - Check Alibi: The Leader selects a player from either his location, or the opposing location. In case he selects a player from the opposing location, only he views that player's role(Blue or Red). If he selects a player from his own location, he will only view that player's role if that player is targeted with a Tactics Card by the opposing room(regardless of what card is played). This view will only be revealed to the Leader.

T6 - Imprison: The Room selects a player from their own location to be imprisoned. The imprisoned player's role will be ignored for Reveal the Plans and/or Attack the Enemy Base until the location that played this Tactic Card plays the Pass tactic card.

T7 - Propaganda: The Room selects a player from their own location. The chosen player will have a 50% chance that his Role is changed to the Room's Color. If he already has the same color as the Room, no change happens. Only the player will get feedback on this. This card can only be used by each Room once per game. After use it will be removed from the game.

T8 - Diplomatic Exchange: The Leader selects two players from different locations. These players will exchange locations. If the players remain in the new location until after the next Tactics Phase, they will return to their previous location. This card will not have any effect if T3, T4, or T5 T5, T6, or T7 were played on any of the two players. If both Rooms try to do "Diplomatic Exchange" with at least one common target, neither card will have any effect.

T9 - Personal Connection: This Room chooses a member from each of the Rooms, and they are each shown that member's role Color. This card cannot target the Leaders of the Rooms.

T10 - Capture Opposing Member: The Leader selects a player from the opposing location, and that player is moved to this location. This card will have no effect if one of T3, T4, T5 or T6 T6, T7, T8 or T9 is played on that player. It will also have no effect if there are only two players in the opposing location.

T11 - Spread Rumours: The opposing Room is forced to have a Succession Phase next Turn. The Room that played this card is not affected.

3 - Tactics Execution Phase
The Tactics Cards played will be resolved simultaneously by the mod during this phase, in the order listed above. The chosen cards will be unavailable until a "T3 - Pass" card is played.

Objectives
The Blue team wins if one of these conditions occur during the Tactics Phase:
1 - The Blue location successfully executes the "T1 - Reveal the Plans" Strategy.
2 - The Blue location successfully executes the "T2 - Attack the Enemy Base" Strategy.
3 - The Red location unsuccessfully executes the "T1 - Reveal the Plans" Strategy.
4 - The Red location unsuccessfully executes the "T2 - Attack the Enemy Base" Strategy.

The Red team wins if one of these conditions occur during the Tactics Phase:
1 - The Red location successfully executes the "T1 - Reveal the Plans" Strategy.
2 - The Red location successfully executes the "T2 - Attack the Enemy Base" Strategy.
3 - The Blue location unsuccessfully executes the "T1 - Reveal the Plans" Strategy.
4 - The Blue location unsuccessfully executes the "T2 - Attack the Enemy Base" Strategy.

Phase Durations and Timings
Phases "1 - Succession", and "2 - Tactics" will each last 23 hours, starting at 6 PM BGG time, and ending at 5 PM BGG time the next day.
The mod will apply any effects of the phases, and execute cards during 5 PM and 6 PM. Location chats will be locked during this time. If both locations lock their choices early, phases can advance faster.

Rules and mechanics with regards to chats
-It is forbidden to repost any text from other room chats you were in, or from your modchat verbatim. Saying it in your own words is ok.
-When someone leaves a room, they'll be able to see everything from the point they entered till the point they left.
-When someone enters a room, they won't be able to see anything that happened before their entrance, only after. If they were in that room before and had a chat history, this will clear that room's chat history for them.

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This is not a "Post For Your Life" game. However, anyone who does not communicate at least once during a Dawn - Dusk cycle will be put up for replacement. Valid communication includes:
Posting in the location chat,
Talking in your Modchat in Cassandra, or
Geekmailing the moderator.
Exceptions will obviously be made for anyone that announces ahead of time that they will be away from the internet.
Players will be allowed to replace themselves (clicking on the replace icon indicates that you are near the internet - right?).

Please do not sign up for the game if you do not plan on being an active player. Thank you.
You are also required to show a proof of life prior to "12 hours before end of first Succession Phase".
Please note that these are "bare minimums". The moderator has the right to hit the replace button in spite of your meeting the "one post per day" guideline if you are unresponsive to geekmails / modchat queries. This will not be done capriciously and will only be done after consultation with outside parties, to ensure objectivity.

Personal attacks or offensive language will merit a warning. Second offense will merit a modkill. Granted, this is subjective, so I will always get a second opinion before acting.
Police yourselves, please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators - 3 - In signup (0/8)
Phelanpt wrote:
You should be able to use the "Orders" tab in your cassandra project chat to post Proposals and Nominations both to your Room and to your modchat. Let me know if that's not happening.
When you post an order, I would appreciate it if you used both the number and the name. If the order has no targeted player, you can/should choose yourself. If it has more than one targeted player, you can use the text box to write both order name-number, and the other target's name.
This would help me process orders much easier.

Using "T3 - Pass" makes the Succession Phase happen in both rooms, not just the room that played it.

Phelanpt wrote:
Clarification: Everyone can propose/vote on tactics card use. The most voted will be enacted. If there are ties for most voted, the Room Leader's vote breaks the tie.

Clarification: If there is a clear majority for a given Tactics card and targets, the Leader of the Room has to abide by that decision.

Phelanpt wrote:
Clarification: the phrase "X matches the location" and similar, mean that X matches the location's color, not the colors of the players in that location, or even just the color of the leader. For instance, if the Green Room has 2 green players and a yellow one, "X matches the location", applied to the Green room, would be true if X is Green, and false if X is any other color.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators - 3 - In signup (0/8)
Player List According to Cassandra:
CrimsonFox
maytheodds
mowglee
namyzarc
Rhanddom
SamNzed
theknightofcups
ZenMonkey11

8 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1123...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucky Me, Lucky Mud
msg tools
badge
mb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (0/8)
I just infiltrated Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (1/8)
I have recruited a couple more players, hope to see them acutally sign up soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Reynolds
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Normal namyzarc (that's an oxymoron)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (1/8)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (2/8)
Asked some more of the previous attendants, but nothing yet, will be on the lookout
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (2/8)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karafruit Villager-Thrower
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
please don't fluff my kiwifruits
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (3/8)
I just threw a kiwifruit at Rhanddom on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to change this game from Starts When Full to starting on a set date.
Thinking June 23rd or June 30th.
Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Any suggestions?
Went with June 30th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Any suggestions?
Went with June 30th.
Since it hasn't filled yet, moving it to Starts on July 14th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm time to go for another round volunteerwrangling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (4/8)
I might consider if it starts next week, unfortunately I am running a 2R1B on Monday and so won't have much time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I won't be around much on Sunday - if that's a problem, kick me out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mohit Goel
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M J
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are close to 8, exciting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
I might consider if it starts next week, unfortunately I am running a 2R1B on Monday and so won't have much time.
By "next week" do you mean anything other than monday? The week after the July 14th one? Something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I won't be around much on Sunday - if that's a problem, kick me out.
Yeah, this wouldn't start on a Sunday without warning way ahead of time.

Still missing one, otherwise I'd start this close to 5 pm on Monday(bgg time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up and I hope I'm blue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crimson Fox
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure I'll compelte the set. I finally did play 2R1B at origins. I didn't really understand it but that's better than nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Infiltrators 3 - In signup (8/8)
Ok, we have 8. I'm going to send out a geekmail and see if there's any last minute drops or joins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Holy shit, rebuilding your games collection is expensive!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm dropping. Sorry Phel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmazala wrote:
I'm dropping. Sorry Phel.
soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.