Hide
5 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Rules

Subject: 12.21 Rule Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Micah Thomas
msg tools
Hey so I'm new to this game and I'm still reading the rules and i am confused.

12.21 states "A german unit in a hex adjacent to a US unit negates US control of that hex for purposes of tracing German communication through the hex, including tracing communication for the German unit itself."

So does that mean that US doesn't control their own hex or the hex that the germans were in? I really just don't understand what this means at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means that German communication can be traced through all hexes occupied by German units, even if it is in a US units zone of control.

If you look at page 6 of the colour example book (the example for German actions in the extended game) you'll see that the unit in WN 60 (purple) and the unit in the brown reinforcement position just above it are right next to US units.
If rule 12.21 didn't exist both of those units would not be in German communications, since the US units block the communication in all adjacent hexes. But since rule 12.21 is there the units are in fact in German communications.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Thomas
msg tools
so basically to block german communications you have to completely surround them with units or corner them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, to cut off communications to a German unit you'd have to surround it. Keep in mind that the bocage on the high grounds makes this even more difficult (rule 12.23).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micah Thomas
msg tools
dang, thanks man for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.