Subject: some status clarifications needed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kingbird X
United States
nyc
New York
flag msg tools
If I derived it correctly, military and stability are always "maintained", that is you can calculate them whenever you want from the board rather than memorizing anything that has modified them. However, today we encountered an event card that force one to lose 10 military(cross swords). I wonder how would you guys handle it? And what If you do not have enough military to lose?
Another question regarding revolt. If you are in -inf, how do you track your instability for -vp purpose after each age?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Seifert
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- The military loss is temporary, for the rest of the turn (I believe the 2nd event on the cards checks for military?).

- You only lose 1VP for being in revolt, plus 1 book for each point you're negative. If you're at -inf, just count up what the actual amount is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingbird X
United States
nyc
New York
flag msg tools
golden_cow2 wrote:
- The military loss is temporary, for the rest of the turn (I believe the 2nd event on the cards checks for military?).

- You only lose 1VP for being in revolt, plus 1 book for each point you're negative. If you're at -inf, just count up what the actual amount is.

I do not have the card with me. as far as I can remember, its a combo, but you lose military in first event. Glad its a temperary thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The -10 military lasts literally 2 seconds since it only affects the event card. A player cannot go below 0 military.

I have had players with less than -3 stability, and it is just a matter of counting. Note that you always only lose 1VP regardless of negative stability amount. Also note that it is every production and not just each age as you state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kingbird X
United States
nyc
New York
flag msg tools
dcorban wrote:
The -10 military lasts literally 2 seconds since it only affects the event card. A player cannot go below 0 military.

I have had players with less than -3 stability, and it is just a matter of counting. Note that you always only lose 1VP regardless of negative stability amount. Also note that it is every production and not just each age as you state.

thank you i meant -books. Now it is good, since this -10 was kinda crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I meant what I typed. The military track is a hard cap at either extreme unless the designer has contradicted the rulebook in the forum somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
No, I meant what I typed. The military track is a hard cap at either extreme unless the designer has contradicted the rulebook in the forum somewhere.

What are you responding to here? I think you might have misread Kingbird's last post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.