Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Troyes» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Monk, The Militia, and Joust. Not a bad movie but a crazy combo ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Álvaro Sampaio
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Doctor of Dental Surgery / Boardgamer
badge
Play Gaia Project - R.I.P. Terra Mystica
mbmbmbmbmb
If i have only one white 6 die and use the cube on The Monk to turn this into three yellow 6s

and them use the cube on The Militia to turn the new 3 "virtual" yellow 6s into three "virtual" red 6s

to keep one of the red "virtual" 6s in my district.

and activate Joust four times with the oder two remaining "virtual" 6s to generate 8 VPs.

Is this a legal move or just a freaking combination of powers that came out from the mind of my friend in his first game ?

And the oder question is: The last "virtual" 6 die in the district, that came from the "virtual" yellows, that came from a single white six, remain into the district as a red 6 for the next turns as a real die ???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
An action can only be modified by one cube (page 6 of the rules under "cards with a delayed effect") so you cannot chain them together.

I thought as you did when I first got the game but then was pointed in the correct direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Álvaro Sampaio
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick answer guys !

I have another question involving Joust.

If i use one cube on The Templar to turn a white die into two red dice, may i keep (for this turn) one red die at my district and use the other one to activate Joust ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dralvaro wrote:

If i use one cube on The Templar to turn a white die into two red dice, may i keep (for this turn) one red die at my district and use the other one to activate Joust ?

No. The best way to remember is in this order:
Choose all the dice you will be using this turn.
Modify the dice.
Use the dice as modified.

So if you are going to turn one die into three with a modification, then you must choose (and pay any costs) for that single die, no matter how many it ends up being. If you need two dice which will be modified, then you pay the costs associated with using two, no matter the modifications, and so on.

Just like you can't buy dice from other players, and then decide to leave some behind, you also can't leave part of the modified dice behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Álvaro Sampaio
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
dralvaro wrote:

No. The best way to remember is in this order:
Choose all the dice you will be using this turn.
Modify the dice.
Use the dice as modified.

So if you are going to turn one die into three with a modification, then you must choose (and pay any costs) for that single die, no matter how many it ends up being. If you need two dice which will be modified, then you pay the costs associated with using two, no matter the modifications, and so on.

Just like you can't buy dice from other players, and then decide to leave some behind, you also can't leave part of the modified dice behind.

So the best phrasing for The Templar would be: you transform one white die into ONE red die that values THREE times the value of the white die. You cannot use another red dice in this action and you cannot split the value of this red die into two different actions/spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid
Poland
Cracow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dralvaro wrote:
dralvaro wrote:
So the best phrasing for The Templar would be: you transform one white die into ONE red die that values THREE times the value of the white die. You cannot use another red dice in this action and you cannot split the value of this red die into two different actions/spaces.
Did you read The Templar description as it is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.