Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the game from my FLGS (great game by the way) and the game was missing 5 red houses and 5 blue houses. I emailed Rio Grande and even though the game has Rio Grande on the box as the publisher they emailed me back that they are no longer the owner of the game. They gave me an email address for Hans im Glück (the new publisher.) This company is in Germany. I haven't heard back from them although it hasn't been that long yet. Has anyone had any experience with them? My second question is, if I don't get the missing parts, is it common practice to complain to my FLGS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about common practice, but if a store sold me defective merchandise, I'd likely start with them. You might want to let FLGS know what's up, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/service/ersatzteile/
Quote:
Sollten Sie ein neues, original verpacktes Spiel erworben haben, in dem nicht alle Teile enthalten waren, schreiben Sie bitte eine E-mail an service(at)hans-im-glueck.de.

This translates to: If you have bought a new, in shrink game where parts are missing, send us an e-mail to: service(at)hans-im-glueck.de (I guess that's what you have done?!)

They might be on holiday

They will probably understand English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did end up getting the replacement parts from Hans-im-Glueck with no problems at all. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Careta
Portugal
Torres Vedras
flag msg tools
badge
Vem jogar connosco!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

how much did it take for you to get an answer, and the replacement parts?
It's been 3 weeks since I e-mailed them /with the same issue) and haven't got a word...

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Howell
United States
Lenexa
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but I don't remember the details anymore. I don't remember if they ever replied to my email. I am pretty sure it took a couple of weeks anyway to get the parts, maybe three. I would give it a month and email them again. I don't think you have anything to worry about, it just takes a long time from overseas.

tcareta wrote:
Hi,

how much did it take for you to get an answer, and the replacement parts?
It's been 3 weeks since I e-mailed them /with the same issue) and haven't got a word...

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.