Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a cool rule for the campsite marker in the "Lost in the Woods" scenario. Allow it to count as a fire item to light dynamite and even start fires. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sappington wrote:
This would be a cool rule for the campsite marker in the "Lost in the Woods" scenario. Allow it to count as a fire item to light dynamite and even start fires. devil

I think it would be cool if you made a variant that said

"If there is not at least 1 hero in the middle board section where the campfire is placed then you must roll to see if the fire spreads in the advance fire phase." (Like an unattended campfire it has the chance to get out of control if you dont keep an eye on it.)

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
I like that, too, but maybe only allow it to do that once per game. Else the heroes might find the entire center of the board on fire!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
But that would be good like a forest fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The actual likelihood of an unattended camp fire spreading is quite low. The only reason it is harped on so much is in the fraction of the cases where it does spread it can cause a great deal of damage. I'd imagine you'd be able to make a torch or something....

Kind of makes me think that this game needs a crafting system similar to that of the dead rising video games. The zombies... the zombies won't really craft things but maybe they could have some sort of formation/tactics cards that if you had the matching card to a matching board configuration some sort of event/bonus would apply. (Like the dynasty tactics games)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Biodiesel
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the crafting idea, but that's kind of what the cards already do for you. Throw in Survival Tactics, Unique Items, and Zombie Grave Weapons, and crafting gets to be redundant.

Scenario-specific rules are a different matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.