3 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Feldherr backpack mini-review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Soren B.
msg tools
mbmb
A few days ago I went on a trip to Copenhagen, Denmark, to visit my brother. We went by the extremely nice game store Faraos Cigarer where I found a backpack from the German company Feldherr.

I was actually looking for the Battlefoam P.A.C.K. GO but found it to be a bit too big and heavy for my taste. The Feldherr backback in comparison is light as air and also smaller - more like a big computer backpack than a suitcase-on-your-back. Since I travel quite a bit every week for my X-wing games I wanted something that fit really well for walk, bicycle and train transport.

The Feldherr backpack is also cheaper than the GO. Here in Denmark it is close to half price so maybe that also went into my considerations... Even though I tend not to let money stop my hobby

Oh well, onto the pictures... Since that is probably what everyone wants to look at.

Feldherr backpack travel ready.

Side view. Nice games put in for size comparison.

Not the best picture, I know. Here the front opening is seen with all cards, manuals, movement templates (two sets) and my token holder. It is not easy to see but everything fits in nicely but is also hold firmly in place when you move around with the backpack. If you are looking for more space and versatility here the P.A.C.K GO might suit you better.

The backpack with its main compartment opened. It is holding six pieces of Feldherr pluck foam (6 cm / 2.4 inch). That is a nice size since it holds a set of stacked Firesprays and standing Y-wings. Currently I am only using 5 out of 6 foam trays.

It should be noted that I could choose the foam load-out myself at the store. Maybe I could have gone with a few smaller layers but overall they work really well.

The top layer holds my Tie Interceptors and Advanced. I have three Imperial Aces on pre-order so the empty spaces are for those and their dials. I will probably move the cardboard firing arc pieces to a separate box at some point.

Next is the big ship for Imperials. Notice that the Firesprays are stacked. I might move the plastic bases to a separate box at some point.

TIE Fighters and Bombers. There is enough room to move the dials if I pluck out more foam (for those of you who are thinking "only 5 Tie Fighters?" ).

A-Wings, B-wings, X-wings and a lonely HWK-290. I made a small design error here so that it is going to be hard to find room for my last X-wing I expect to get with the rebel transport.

The last layer that I am using. It will probably be used for Wave 4 and 5 rebel ships. I am not going to buy that many E-wings and Z-95 since I mostly play Imperials.

Remember that I have an unused layer of pluck foam not shown here. It is reserved for the next waves of Imperials ships. I am thinking two Defenders and at least two Phantoms. Let's see what the future brings.

I really like the design and possibilities of this backpack and I hope this can be and inspiration to others who are looking for travel friendly backpacks for their miniature-mania
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe nardo
msg tools
ah BEAUTIFUL EU games! EU EU EU EU games EU EU EU EU ships

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike D
msg tools
What is the height of the FOAM the Lambda is resting in? Do you think 50mm will do as well? Is it difficult to pluck the FOAM out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.