Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 weeks ago I got Fresco, brand new in wrap, from a trade with a friend in my gaming group.

Unfortunately the 3 red master painters are missing.

I've sent Queen Games a message explaining the situation through their web site.

Still no answers.

I could use some other red pawns but I rather have the originals.

Any of my fellow gamers had experience with Queen Games customer service ?

Any suggestions on how to proceed ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick ChemE
United States
Kalama
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warpig72 wrote:
3 weeks ago I got Fresco, brand new in wrap, from a trade with a friend in my gaming group.

Unfortunately the 3 red master painters are missing.

I've sent Queen Games a message explaining the situation through their web site.

Still no answers.

I could use some other red pawns but I rather have the originals.

Any of my fellow gamers had experience with Queen Games customer service ?

Any suggestions on how to proceed ?

I had a similar issue with a missing master painter when I bought Fresco a few years back. It was also missing red ironically enough.

I sent Queen an email asking for a replacement. I never heard anything back, but sometime later one showed up in the mail. It took a little while but it did come.

That was my experience anyway. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Euro Gamer
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen is slow, but usually comes through. I usually follow up until I get some email confirmation stating they are handling it. It will likely come if you don't. Because it takes some time I like seeing an email that says they are going to send something. I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As above I also found them slow to respond when I had a missing tile from Escape but in fairness the missing part did turn up but took about a month so be prepared for it to take a little while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Pena
United States
Doral
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had similar issues a couple of times. They're slow replying but they usually show up later on in your mailbox with the requested item. It's a matter of patience but still they should have at least an automated standard reply message that will give the customer some peace of mind for the time being.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone....you all gave me hope.

I'll take your advice, be patient & wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy had a far less crucial component missing - the four colour mixing charts, with the 'advanced' mixing rules on it. A slow email exchange later, a lot of patience and they arrived gratis. Cannot complain about the end results!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:
My copy had a far less crucial component missing - the four colour mixing charts, with the 'advanced' mixing rules on it. A slow email exchange later, a lot of patience and they arrived gratis. Cannot complain about the end results!

How long it took ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot....they finally made it home today.

Thank a lot Queen Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting 2 months for them to send the 14 market tiles.

Pretty critical component from a Christmas gift missing. I sent a follow-up email a month ago too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
benosteen wrote:

I just received the four color mixing charts within two weeks of emailing a request to Queen Games. I was not expecting them for a while. The envelope has Deutsche Post postage of 1.50 Euros. I am satisfied with my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nowak
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
You have paid retail for the last time.
badge
The human race, to which so many of my readers belong, has been playing at children's games from the beginning, and will probably do it till the end, which is a nuisance for the few people who grow up. - GKC
mbmbmbmbmb
My pieces arrived today!

So add our tale to the list of customer service success stories - based on the postage date these have been in transit for weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always received everything I've requested from Queen when games have been missing components or rulebooks. It sometimes can take awhile, but I have always received what I've requested.

Like Paul above me said, sometimes the postage date and arrival dates are very far apart, so it's not necessarily Queen dragging their feet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cully
United Kingdom
Stonehouse
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add my experience too:

I only recently realised that the paint mixing charts were missing. For a long time, as i was always playing Fresco with at least one new player, i left out the expansions thinking that they added complexity to the game - they don't, but i didn't know that at the time. So we weren't using the additional paint mixes, and the player boards have the primary-secondary colour mixes on anyway.

I used the Queen contact form on Wednesday (14/05/2014), got an email back on Thursday confirming that new cards would be sent out, and they came through my door this morning! (granted I'm UK based, so mail from Das Vaterland doesn't seem to take too long.)

I can't fault the customer service department for their handling of my request. Now to see if I get an answer to the question on the Fresco Big Box shipping date...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.