Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ground Pounder
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the answer to this in the rules or forum. At what point does an activated ship lose the movement points caused when it crosses the rigging hit threshold for MP loss (3/6/etc)?

If a ship is in the middle of its activation, still has MP left to spend, and then takes rigging hits causing MP loss, does it lose the MPs immediately?

What about a ship that hasn't had its activation yet?

I would think that these ships have a certain momentum and won't stop dead in the water even if dismasted. However, delaying the effect can cause a bookkeeping issue.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GP,

A ship's MP is determined when it's initially activated. It's MP are not reduced during its activation unless it's dismasted, grappled, run aground or anything that would kill its movement outright.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loris Pagnotta
Italy
Brusaporto
Bergamo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mike

I'm waiting for "Blue Cross, White Ensign"
Please...Please go fast. I do not say before the next tide, but maybe before the next full moon.
I cannot increase the preorder status (not convenient for european players) but I'm waiting with great impatience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ground Pounder
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: Thanks for the rapid response and the great game. Just working my way through the first play and liking it a lot. Having a hard time with the counter clutter, but maybe that's an excuse to get some 1/2400 minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gromitspaw wrote:
Mike: Thanks for the rapid response and the great game. Just working my way through the first play and liking it a lot. Having a hard time with the counter clutter, but maybe that's an excuse to get some 1/2400 minis.

I organized my ship counters alphabetically for the British and French, so all of the ships starting with an "A" for both nations are in the same counter pocket stacked on their side. When I'm feeling really OCD I even order them alphabetically inside their little counter tray pocket.

For the Spanish I put most of the counters together but still alphabetically (A - F or something similar for example). I had to break up all of the ships starting with an "S" though since they liked naming so many ships after Saints.

I find it doesn't take long to find ships this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ground Pounder
United States
Owings Mills
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a smart way to do counter storage. Actually I was thinking of the counter clutter on the map during play with all of the markers piled on top of the ships. With the pics I've seen of people using minis, at least you can see the ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gromitspaw wrote:
That's a smart way to do counter storage. Actually I was thinking of the counter clutter on the map during play with all of the markers piled on top of the ships. With the pics I've seen of people using minis, at least you can see the ships

Keeping track of some things offboard can help a tad with preventing counter clutter, but yeah, the board can get quite messy at times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.