Recommend
14 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: Razzia for iOS on sale for first time - $.99 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Knizia's game Razzia for the iOS has dropped in price for the first time. It is only $.99, down from the regular $2.99. The game is a mafia-themed version of Ra without the disaster tiles.

It's a universal app and you can find it here if interested: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reiner-knizias-razzia-mafia/...
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks been wanting to pick this up.

If someone releases a similarly noir themed physical version of this to replace the goofy cartoons of the last edition I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Can you remind me what the disaster tiles do? I remember looking a Ra a while back, but I don't remember details now. How are the games different?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Desi

Washington
msg tools
Good thematic implementation of Ra.. But jeez, online multiplayer via their custom matchmaking lobby is totally broke. Wtf BulkyPix.. U make good games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! The tutorial text on an iPhone is microscopic. Will give it a try on the ipad later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Can you remind me what the disaster tiles do? I remember looking a Ra a while back, but I don't remember details now. How are the games different?

Alright, I just reread the rules. Anyone know why disaster tiles were removed? Does it noticeably change the game difficulty or strategy?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Desi

Washington
msg tools
Haven't played the board game.. Got the ios version.. Also have the IOS Ra..

I guess there are no disaster tiles because the original board game, Razzia, doesn't have it either.. ?

IMHO, that makes the game simpler without sacrificing too much strategy.. Everything is biddable.. You don't let cards get discarded just because there is crap out there that could destroy your sets.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It basically cuts back the risk from drawing more cards/tiles to add to the auction pool. In Ra, the tiles may be just what you need and you have the highest sun for bidding but then a disaster tile comes out that would really hurt you. This can't happen in Razzia. There is no way a draw pool can get worse, if that makes sense, by adding more cards to it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
cagriggs wrote:
It basically cuts back the risk from drawing more cards/tiles to add to the auction pool. In Ra, the tiles may be just what you need and you have the highest sun for bidding but then a disaster tile comes out that would really hurt you. This can't happen in Razzia. There is no way a draw pool can get worse, if that makes sense, by adding more cards to it.

Thanks for the explanation!

Sounds like I should just get both. Razzia seems to be a race to get the most tiles whereas Ra adds concern for being forced to deal with disaster. I know different groups of players that would prefer each.

Ra will go on sale again eventually. It often hits the $0.99 price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred A.
Canada
Sainte-Adele
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks you for this info!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Thanks been wanting to pick this up.

If someone releases a similarly noir themed physical version of this to replace the goofy cartoons of the last edition I'll buy it in a heartbeat.


I owned Razzia with the goofy cartoon characters and never thought anything was wrong with them but after seeing the artwork in the iOS version, I totally agree with you.

I wonder if they're going to rerelease it with this artwork? I feel like making my own set just like it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Ra all of the time. One of my favorite ipad games ever. Naturally, I snatched up Razzia at this price.

I'm getting stomped by the AI! Ra AI are pushovers compared to these. Razzia bots will actually buy stuff just to keep it out of your hands, unlike Ra bots who will glaze over it if it's not worth at least a few points to them.

I guess smarter bots is a good thing, but I miss getting what I want all the time.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony C
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
I play Ra all of the time. One of my favorite ipad games ever. Naturally, I snatched up Razzia at this price.

I'm getting stomped by the AI! Ra AI are pushovers compared to these. Razzia bots will actually buy stuff just to keep it out of your hands, unlike Ra bots who will glaze over it if it's not worth at least a few points to them.

I guess smarter bots is a good thing, but I miss getting what I want all the time.


I totally agree. I am used to playing 4 Ra bots on hard and still winning maybe 50-60% of the time. I played 4 Razzia games this morning with one medium and one hard bot and only won 1 of them and it was only by 2 points.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lewandowski
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone able to get an online game going?

Not working for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.