Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Jamieson
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personal Experience with the game:
1 game - previously reviewed Zombicide http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/942298/and-i-dont-even-like-...

Bias based on winning:
1 win

Bias based on owning:
Kickstarted the second season. First kickstarter ever...

Brief back story
Zombies. Zombies in a prison.

1000 meter view:
The second season of Zombicide is very similar to the first. Players coop as characters, have some action points, try to kill zombies, and try to survive the scenario. The main difference is the additional beserker zombie (can't be killed by long range weapons) and the weapon types. Also, if you get killed you become a zombivor (survivor + zombie).

Liked:
- The beserkers zombies make hand to hand combat way more important.
- The additional colored tokens and doors make it so the scenarios can be more complex.

Didn't Like:
- Not convinced the zombivor is a good idea. I, personally, like the high risk of dying.
- The concrete saw is key if you can find it in the search pile...if...

What did I learn about playing well:
Nothing

Rating:
On BGG I gave it 8/10.

Real Verdict:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.
Want to play again

Peter out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Nice summary, I would just highlight that Zombivor rules are optional though (for people who want an easier time), they shouldn't be used by default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Leite
Brazil
Campinas / Atibaia
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
delinear wrote:
Nice summary, I would just highlight that Zombivor rules are optional though (for people who want an easier time), they shouldn't be used by default.

Yeah I didn't like it too. however on few scenarios if i'm playing with non gamers friends and something goes incredibly bad, I use them, but with my usual group I din't use at all.

so i'm always thinking in some ways to use those figures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.