Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Brennan
Australia
St Ives, Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The faster this game is played the better. After this 90 minute effort, I hereby declare ALL odds-calculating in THIS game BANNED from the PGA!!! I still enjoyed myself somewhat - we did seem to laugh a lot. The lowest chip left by the end was a 1700 I think. Alison seemed poised on an arete for the last half hour - on 5 chips, needing 6 for the win, but perilously close to bankrupt and unable to afford the last chip despite winning round after round. Rick and Rob duelled it out for 'most cash' honours when I finally filed for Chapter 11. It could have gone either way at various points depending on when Alison and I finally went up against the wall.

I agree with other comments on this game - the game itself is nothing, with no theme to help. It does offer the players the opportunity to create their own "can't stop" fun though - without it, the game sinks. The wildly fluctuating time-frames of the game is a bit un-nerving as well. Players can go out on their first turn ... or the end-game can drag into a never-ending roller-coaster of fortune before someone lucks up. If you can't guess, ours was the latter.

I tried purchasing the 2400 / 100 combo to begin with, but I could only land on the 2400 once and most everyone was protected. Everyone else's purchases were scattered. The 500-900 lots seemed most lucrative ... with Rob's infamous 600 plot scoring at will.

Scores: Kevin 9600, Rob, Alison, Pat 0

A rating of 6 after 2 plays; worth the occasional play as it provides some fun, but I came away vaguely unsatisfied I'll confess, perhaps a feeling of frittering away time ... and valuable gaming time at that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.