Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone!

Fairly new to Netrunner here, I just received a base set and a few expansions for my birthday earlier this month. I'm hoping to attend a local store tourney this coming Sunday. I have mostly been running shaper big rig style decks so far, but recently started playing around with Andromeda. Take a look at this and let me know what you think.

http://netrunner.meteor.com/decks/WX5YjK78H54F8fAFA/

The idea is to get a first turn keyhole out, and run it like mad. Hopefully force the corp to ice up RD asap, leaving HQ open for account siphons and buying me time to get my breakers/console up. Comboing the console and All nighter will net a 5 time access with keyhole if I can break through, using the doppleganger run to hit archives.

What would you change? Would you even try to run this setup with Andy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger is actually a pretty good idea with Keyhole, but then again, so is Desperado.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Salinas
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's going to be hard to get a first turn Keyhole as a one-of in the deck. Even with a mulligan to look for it you're probably looking at < 30% odds.

I've been running a Reina deck with 3 Keyholes + Account Siphons, and having some success. I think the key thing with Keyhole is to not drop it on the table until R&D is free of Ice or you know you can get in. So even if I had it first turn, I probably wouldn't drop it unless there was no ice on R&D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zorba wrote:
It's going to be hard to get a first turn Keyhole as a one-of in the deck. Even with a mulligan to look for it you're probably looking at < 30% odds.

I've been running a Reina deck with 3 Keyholes + Account Siphons, and having some success. I think the key thing with Keyhole is to not drop it on the table until R&D is free of Ice or you know you can get in. So even if I had it first turn, I probably wouldn't drop it unless there was no ice on R&D.

Well I've got the 3 Special Orders. And with Andy's starting hand you never have to worry about being low on credits to pull it, 2nd turn at the worst. 4 cards in 45 to get it on the table by turn 2 is not bad, especially considering I get to look at 20% of the deck in my opening hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Doppelganger is actually a pretty good idea with Keyhole, but then again, so is Desperado.

Yeah, I'm a bit torn on that one, but I really like the idea of that last free archives run. It is hard to justify losing out on all that economy though.

I think if this deck works properly, the econ from desperado won't be an issue because the game will be over before it really pays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Higgs Brozo
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Chrohno wrote:
[q="zorba"]Well I've got the 3 Special Orders.

Special Order only works on Icebreakers.

Also, corps always ice R&D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HiggsBrozo wrote:
Chrohno wrote:
[q="zorba"]Well I've got the 3 Special Orders.

Special Order only works on Icebreakers.

Also, corps always ice R&D.

Ahh good catch thanks. I didn't even consider that it wasn't an icebreaker!

I know they always ice up RD, thinking I can exploit HQ if they choose to put their strongest ICE down on RD though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:

kinda? your second run is not going to be a keyhole run though, but I guess you could use it to run archives.

inti is going to hurt you a lot if it's your only barrier breaker, although you might get by with datasucker tokens.

also only one keyhole means you won't get it often...

satellite uplink doesn't seem useful at all when you're focusing on r&d.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
And yet, I still bother.
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was to change a few cards in your deck over the course of a few minutes, using the same sets as in your original deck, I would come up with something like this:

Keyhole Andi v2.0----The decklist on netrunnerdb.com

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)

Resource (11)
3x Compromised Employee (Trace Amount)
2x Crash Space (Core Set)
2x Decoy (Core Set)
2x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Keyhole (True Colors) ••••• •
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
1x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Eleven cards have changed:

-1 Recon
-3 Satellite Uplink
-2 All-nighter ••••
-3 Bank Job
-1 Inti
-1 Copycat

+3 Dirty Laundry
+1 Emergency Shutdown
+3 Compromised Employee
+2 Mr. Li
+1 Corroder ••
+1 Keyhole •••

This increases your likelihood of seeing a Keyhole first turn from 36% to 60%. Which is better.

Also, it replaces Inti with Corroder. I feel that this is a very good thing--it increases the cost to play your fracter by the cost of boosting your old one by one strength, one time.

Compromised Employee gives you some soft link (+econ) to beat traces and avoid tags.

Mr. Li should also help you find what you need faster.

I hope at least some of this helps! Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kopac
Slovakia
Bratislava
Slovak Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm less-than-fond of Faerie as a primary Sentry breaker (Femme is too expensive in multiple senses) in this context, especially seeing as you plan to run one server repeatedly. A rezzed Shadow, or even worse, a Katana there could be a serious problems, and they're both cheap enough for the corp not to care if you parasite one away - you only have 2 parasites and no program recursion. Relying on keeping them so poor that they can't rez a 3-cost ICE is completely unfeasible, especially with how rich the corps are these days.

I'd probably aim for two Mimics (dunno what I'd cut, most likely one of the parasites, actually), that way you have a cheap early facechecking breaker that grows monstrous with accumulating sucker tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Murray
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacw2008 wrote:
If I was to change a few cards in your deck over the course of a few minutes, using the same sets as in your original deck, I would come up with something like this:

Keyhole Andi v2.0----The decklist on netrunnerdb.com

Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (19)
3x Account Siphon (Core Set)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
3x Easy Mark (Core Set)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Inside Job (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)

Hardware (2)
2x Doppelgänger (A Study in Static)

Resource (11)
3x Compromised Employee (Trace Amount)
2x Crash Space (Core Set)
2x Decoy (Core Set)
2x Mr. Li (Future Proof)
2x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Icebreaker (6)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
1x Yog.0 (Core Set)

Program (7)
2x Datasucker (Core Set) ••
2x Keyhole (True Colors) ••••• •
2x Parasite (Core Set) ••••
1x Snitch (Cyber Exodus)

15 influence spent (max 15)

45 cards (min 45)
Cards up to True Colors

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Eleven cards have changed:

-1 Recon
-3 Satellite Uplink
-2 All-nighter ••••
-3 Bank Job
-1 Inti
-1 Copycat

+3 Dirty Laundry
+1 Emergency Shutdown
+3 Compromised Employee
+2 Mr. Li
+1 Corroder ••
+1 Keyhole •••

This increases your likelihood of seeing a Keyhole first turn from 36% to 60%. Which is better.

Also, it replaces Inti with Corroder. I feel that this is a very good thing--it increases the cost to play your fracter by the cost of boosting your old one by one strength, one time.

Compromised Employee gives you some soft link (+econ) to beat traces and avoid tags.

Mr. Li should also help you find what you need faster.

I hope at least some of this helps! Good luck!

Thanks! I did actually end up changing the deck quite a bit last night while playing on OCTGN. I ended up adding a second keyhole and removing the sattelite uplinks, I also did switch out the Inti for Corroder.

It worked a bit better, but I'm starting to think I might be going down the wrong path with this deck. The corps seem to be able to shrug the early burst of this deck off, and long term I can't keep up with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. A.N.
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be the most obnoxious deck to play against that I've ever seen. It certainly won't make you any friends, but you'll probably win some games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zabrowski
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be tempted to drop a Parasite and the Snitch for 2x The Source, but that could just be personal preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.