Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
On Arthwollipot's Magic Realm website I read the following about the Regent of Jewels (emphasis mine):
Quote:
This is possibly more useful for its Gold value than for its properties (an extra Trade phase). It is the second most expensive treasure in the game. It also carries Fame if it is returned to the Soldiers. It is worth noting that the Regent itself cannot be sold in the extra phase it provides.

I tried to confirm this last bit in the rules but could not find a rule to match the claim. Can anyone explain to me why the Regent of Jewels cannot be sold in its own bonus trade phase?

I understand that when you don't own the RoJ anymore, your bonus Trade phase is lost, but not being able to sell the RoJ in its own bonus Trade phase seems like an unnecessary complication to an already very complex game.

Here's my $0.02: you own the RoJ at the beginning of the phase, right? That should be enough to grant you the free Trade phase, irrespective of what you decide to trade. After trading away the RoJ, you would just not get another bonus Trade phase the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Walsh
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hoc Spatium Mercede
badge
This is another fine mess you've gotten us into.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Important: Recording an altered phase commits him to keep the card active until he does that phase. Once he uses a card to record an altered phase, he cannot inactivate, sell or voluntarily abandon the card until he has completed the altered phase.

This is from the 3.1 ed. rules from the List of Treasures, section 2, Birdsong (page 109). It's not so much that there is a special rule for the RoJ, rather there is a general rule that requires you to keep the card that gives you an additional phase until you've completed the action for that phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this quick and clean reply, Peter! I must have overlooked that rule. I'm happy it turns out to be a general rule after all. I can live with that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.