Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Rick, Corwin, Jeff, and I had such a good playing of Roborally two nights previous, that Rick wanted to bring it out again with some different players. Joe and Chester had just arrived, Rick had finished his sandwich, so the 6 of us were off were our bots, slamming into each other and causing all sorts of mayhem! We liked it so much we even ended up playing 2 games.

Game 1 ISLAND & EXCHANGE boards
I opened with a huge lead but had 3 damage, while poor William had 5 damage early and was being pushed hither and yon, and couldn't get any of his program cards to work. Chester, meanwhile, was spinning in circles at the first corner. No one could do much to stop me as my cards just came to me at good times.
WINNER: Jy

Game 2 ISLAND & CANNERY ROW boards
Rick took off to the early lead this tome while the rest of us duked it out trying to reach the first flag. I misplayed my cards and ended up between Joe and a huge hole in the ground, but on the next turn I moved back into him figuring even if he killed me, at least I'd screw up his movement plans. Funny thing is, he decided to avoid me, but I still backed into him, leaving him hosed early. Chester and William both pitched off the board, while I started taking a lot of heavy damage. Dan, perhaps wiser than most, took the scenic route around the outside edge, avoiding all conflict. By some fluke, I got a miracle boost by Dan onto a belt, even though I had 5 damage with one locked card, but the damage I had taken left me brutalized and my robot started spinning all over the second board. Meanwhile Rick got a great string of cards and no one even came close
WINNER: Rick

WINNER Game 1: Jy
WINNER Game 2: Rick

Combined Ratings from both games: Jy 7, Rick 7.5, Chester 8.5, Joe 7.5, William 5.5, Dan 8
Group avg: 7.33

William sees the potential for the game but was brutalized by laser fire and a few bad cards. I too see the problem of bad cards and realize how chaotic the game is. It's still fun most of the time, but if one guy gets bad luck the whole game, it'll just kill the experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.