Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Season 2 of GameNight! starts with Nikki, Dave, Aaron & Lincoln playing Whacky Wit, a retro arcade style board game from designer Norman Sommer and published by Spielquader.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
PlanetM
badge
Gaming with the family :)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's great to have you all back :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harding
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the new intro! Great to have you all back in my living room while you are in your living room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Welcome back guys Happy that Season 2 has begun, may you enjoy shooting these clips as much as we enjoy watching them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Lincoln, I LOVE your t-shirt, it's pure genius!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Pseudonym
msg tools
Cool episode, but too bad that you (or isit just me) couldn't really see which dots had been punched and which were still there ... :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They're back!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gindlesperger
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MattFromGermany wrote:
Cool episode, but too bad that you (or isit just me) couldn't really see which dots had been punched and which were still there ... :-(

Very true--maybe the next deluxe edition of Whacky-Wit will have little light up LEDs for dots?

Also--will you guys be doing a comparison video for this game? Really very similar mechanically, even outside of the obvious "thematic" connection...

Also also--very cool new opening! Will there be different cartoons for new guests as they appear?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Thompson
United States
Norfolk
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Yeesh! ~$550!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
The theme and mechanics seem really similar to the video game Dot Gobbler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to lie. When I saw the game I was all "What is this?" and thought it was going to be dumb since it was just a roll and move. After watching the video I retract my previous statement and I'll say this looks like so much fun. If I had the money I would so pick up a deluxe version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Verdammt, bin ich gut. (Duke Nukem)
badge
Get Whacky :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Invictus5000 wrote:

Very true--maybe the next deluxe edition of Whacky-Wit will have little light up LEDs for dots?

Psst.. only a try for an "electronic" version :-)

You can find an album where we build the "Whacky Wit Cocktail-Table" on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.413177828812390.10...

And a video of the table: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=425451367585036&set=vb....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK WADDLE
United States
Austin
texAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered myself one of these for a self Valentine's Day present !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And it will get shipped soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a lot of fun and wonderfully made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Glenn
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Norman, I'll admit I was skeptical, but that looks so fun. I'm impressed that it works so well.

How does one get a copy of Whacky Roll? I can't afford the deluxe version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can order Whacky Roll directly at our store www.spielquader.de (switch language and currency on the upper right menu on the page)
you should register at the store (create an account) so you'll get the prices without the german tax (but you might have to pay your local customs on import). Shipping costs to USA is around 25 US$ for Parcels up to 2 Kilograms. Whacky Roll has a weight of 450 gramms (standard) and 490 gramms (magnet edition), so if you also want it for friends or family, you can import up to 4 whacky rolls at once to save shipping costs.

Yours
Norman

Ahh and... if a online-store in the US (or elsewhere in the world) wants to resell our stuff, we will be happy to get a inquiry at info@spielquader.de

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Galbraith
United States
Chittenango
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has quickly become my favorite game review place! Thanks for making these videos. You guys do a great job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dakota Thames
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of this game but I think I would of preferred mechanics where you can have the 2 player version, as it is supposed to be played, but also a 5 player version, where there would be a way to move the ghost you control on your turn. If I pick this game up and of course spring for the glorious deluxe edition, I am definitely going to make up mechanics to do just that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Sommer
Germany
Dettingen an der Erms
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem here would be, that the randomnes is missing then. So if Whacky knows wich monster color is next (if you ie. play the monsters clockwise), he will act way different than before and you will lose a lot of fun. Whacky-Player will never move to a specific monster if he know that this monster is next.
Norman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airikka
Sweden
Gothenburg
flag msg tools
I'm new to this hobby and GameNight! has been instrumental in bringing me in. It's so nice to see you're back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hopkins
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heccubus wrote:

Season 2 of GameNight! starts with Nikki, Dave, Aaron & Lincoln playing Whacky Wit, a retro arcade style board game from designer Norman Sommer and published by Spielquader.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv

I totally own that red Millennium Falcon t-shirt. It's one of my favs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.