Subject: Abilities for ships with none. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Salsbury
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
I play this game frequently and wish that some of the other ships without abilities had some so I made a few up.

USS Defiant: Initially in the show the Defiant was overpowered and constantly had problems. I feel that the game severely underpowered this tough little ship. Overpowered: You may disable a single ship system until the end of your next turn to add half of it's rating to weapons. You cannot make power adjustments until that system is no longer disabled.

USS Sutherland: The Sutherland was prematurely deployed during the Klingon Civil War. Hasty Deployment: During a reinforcement action USS Sutherland may come into play with a permanent -2 token on a system of your choice. If it does it's size is reduced by one.

USS Venture: The Venture was refitted to become a Galaxy X class cruiser, adding an additional warp nacelle and allow quantum slipstream velocities, which are dangerous. Quantum Slipstream Drive: If a player wishes to use the drive roll a die. On a roll of 5-6 Venture takes 1 damage. Either way movement is tripled.

IKS Rotarran: During the Dominion War, Rotarran would remain cloaked until the Defiant was targeted. Then it would decloak and attack, catching their prey off-guard. Trap Layer: If Rotarran is cloaked and another friendly ship in this location is attacked, Rotarran may decloak and first attack the original aggressor. This does not cost an action.

Let me know what you think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you intend these for the generics? Or are you replacing the named ships' abilities? And despite the Transwarp precedent, I don't like warp abilities having anything to do with tactical (ie. impulse) speeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Salsbury
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
These would be for the ships that have no special abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you make up something in photoshop already ?
Did you play test for balance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Salsbury
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Have play tested, and it works nicely. However my Photoshop skills are nonexistent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.