Popular Tags: [View All]
David Taylor
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently ran a demo for Rococo at my local game store and played a three player version of the game. Although I have the fancy dress promo cards, I did not add them to the game because there were new players to this game.
I quickly gave an overview of the gameplay and showed everyone the rulebook. The illustrations and explanation of the rules makes this game easy to understand. I also gave some insights as to how to win the game, using area control as well as bonus victory points for decorations.
So we got the game set up using the proper side of the board, placed the components and each player got their starting cards and we displayed the workers available for hire.
The first turn was the slowest and the two other players contemplated the abilities of their workers to get the best benefit. So the first player opted to buy fabric with an apprentice and then use the journeyman to make a dress and rent it out. From there on out game play picked up. The fountain brought some heated competition to increase the daily wages. Later in the game, more and more dresses were making their way into the various floors of the castle for the king's ball. I explained for the decorations about the fireworks and so the shift went to making money to buy the firework decorations.
As the game drew to an end, the scoring for the fireworks was the highlight as the theme of the game came out as certain guests were invited to the roof to watch them.
The players I had for this game were myself and a female and a male player. The dressmaking theme was not a turnoff for the guys and the girl playing wants to play again with some of her friends. My feedback from them was very positive, saying that the artwork is lovely, the game is easy to play, and they both would play the game again. I look forward to many more opportunities to share this great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Sanders
United States
Henderson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
DNA results:Scottish, Dutch, English, Irish, German, French, Iberian Peninsula = 100% American!
mbmbmbmbmb
I introduced the game to my sons, 24 and 27, and they both enjoyed it so much they asked to play again. I believe that if you can get players to see the beauty of the mechanics they will play and enjoy this wonderfully designed game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.