Subject: When will Shock! ever be splashed over Snare! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish Shock! was 1 influence, but as it is, why splash it over Snare! I mean sure, I can see a future janky deck using both out of faction, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Not every card needs to be splashable. Cards that are good, but not good enough (or too expensive) to be thrown into other decks give flavor and uniqueness to their faction.

2. Shock hits runners from Archives, and since it stays there you can make archive runs painful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casper jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
I've been thinking about splashing it into an NBN deck with TGTBT making an Archives run a real pain to do. Dunno why they'd run Archives though, but perhaps I can find a reason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I've beeing toying with the idea of 3xSnare! and 3xShock! in my Cerebral Efficiency deck. Obviously this means no Jackson (as SfSS is a must) and no SfK. So I will only ever be able to score 1 agenda per turn (either with Biotic Labor or with Efficiency Commity token+SfSS). Still, it will have tons for draws (GLC, BLC, Panic Button) so it might more reliable. And all the Shocks! and Snares! can help dissuade running on your HQ/R&D/Archives which is really important because the deck has very few ICE and even those are mostly cheap, taxing ICE (Eli, Ichi, etc.) If anything it should at least be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The majority of times when I see people justifying the inclusion of Snare in their deck, it's because of the tag and the damage is just a happy incidental benefit, which makes Shock a very poor replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I've been splashing 3x Shock! in my NBN: MN FA, partly to test the card and have some fun with it, but there was a legit idea behind it and it was to slow down Andromeda's Datasucker/Desperado/Masanori craziness.

It has been very hugely successful at that. The effects are staggering. Andromeda players in my meta stopped running on my Archives almost completely.

Managed to flatline with it once, from Archives, it was hilarious! :D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a single shock in archives seriously disrupts datasucker/desperado. Two or three shuts it down completely.

Just don't do something stupid like install a Hudson 1.0 in front of your shock-laden archives!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Personally I've beeing toying with the idea of 3xSnare! and 3xShock! in my Cerebral Efficiency deck. Obviously this means no Jackson (as SfSS is a must) and no SfK. So I will only ever be able to score 1 agenda per turn (either with Biotic Labor or with Efficiency Commity token+SfSS). Still, it will have tons for draws (GLC, BLC, Panic Button) so it might more reliable. And all the Shocks! and Snares! can help dissuade running on your HQ/R&D/Archives which is really important because the deck has very few ICE and even those are mostly cheap, taxing ICE (Eli, Ichi, etc.) If anything it should at least be fun.

Thats honestly a horrible idea. In Cerebral Imagining, your protection on HQ are your odds of them not drawing an agenda. Wasting all of your influence on the off chance of them hitting a Snare or Shock is a horrible waste. The multitude of cards these days means that we kind of have to stick to a theme after we've chosen it. Keep your CI deck for fast advance and make a kill deck in another faction if you want it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
Shock! seems like a good inclusion in NBN Never Advance, since it doesn't leave you poor like Snare! does and is much less risky to bluff with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Riekkinen
Finland
Kuopio
flag msg tools
mbmb
Im running Shock in decks that are tight on money like FA decks usually are. It does not cost you money and you can always just discard it to archives if youre hand is full.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.