Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miss Information (MI from here on out) is a extra villain to fight against in Sentinels of the Multiverse. She's the front-desk worker for the Freedom Five and who dies during an attack on their headquarters (or something like that, it's unclear) but has the power to resurrect herself (handy, that). She decides to get her revenge on the team for not saving her by distracting them while she cooks up a master plan to take down the whole team. For $5 you get 2 double sided villain cards and her 25 card deck. Her nemesis is Parse from the Vengeance expansion. Is it worth it?

One side of her Villain stat card thanks to user SirMantel

MI has 2 primary cards in her deck. The first are diversions, or missions she sends the heroes out on that aren't exactly what they seem. These function like ongoing cards but don't have the ongoing trait.Each diversion either has HP or a way to eliminate it (like destroying H hero cards) and some sort of effect (like the player with the most cards in play must destroy 1 card at the end of each villain turn, or dealing damage to the heroes). These cards are the missions she is sending the heroes on to weaken them until she can finally reveal herself and destroy the Freedom Five!

Her other primary card are clues. These are different clues that they heroes find the figure out the identity of their new, secret attacker. Each clue has 2 negative effects that occur with it (one clue increases damage dealt by villain targets by 1 and plays an extra villain card at the start of each villain turn if there are no diversions in play, another clue reduces damage dealt to MI by 1 and moves one diversion card from the villain trash into play at the start of each villain turn). All of these clues cause MI to get more powerful but need to stay in play for her to reveal herself.

The rest of the cards in her deck deal with drawing out diversion cards and/or causing the heroes to discard cards from their deck and hand, thus limiting their effectiveness against her.

Like every villain in the game MI has 2 sides. Her first side is Demure Office Worker, as shown in the picture above. She can't be hurt because no one knows who she is, but she does destroy ongoing/equipment cards each turn and, if there are x clue cards in play, she flips to her Revealed Saboteur side where she has 45 HP. On this side she deals damage the first time she is dealt damage each turn and also deals damage on her turn as well. She also has a Clark Kent effect, where she loses the glasses and becomes an entirely different person that no one recognizes when they come into the office. I think I'd notice if my secretary was beating the snot out of me and just wore glasses as a disguise when they weren't. Just saying. Anyways.

Thoughts:

I feel like they captured MI really well her, especially in her job as secretary for the Freedom Five. She's really annoying to fight because you can't get anything out in front of you when she's the office worker, and you have to start almost cold turkey against her card wise when she flips. Since she's the office assistant for the Five that makes perfect sense. Plus, I love how she sends them on these crazy missions that are not what they seem. I also like how she's different from all the other villains and is hard to fight, even though she doesn't have a ton of health. If it takes you a while to flip the clue cards you need you can be in big trouble.

I'd recommend this expansion to anyone who likes Sentinels of the Multiverse. You can never have too many villains to fight!

Check out my other reviews at Reviews by Mil05006
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel GOUSSET
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually she didn't die and resurrect. She died in an alternate timeline that was aborted, alas part of the traumatic experience did affect her so she turned psychotic and homicidal while still pretty good at doing coffee while typing 100 words by minut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IKerensky wrote:
Actually she didn't die and resurrect. She died in an alternate timeline that was aborted, alas part of the traumatic experience did affect her so she turned psychotic and homicidal while still pretty good at doing coffee while typing 100 words by minut.

I could be wrong, that's fine. It says on their webpage that her power is multi-dimensional resurrection. If I'm wrong I'll change it no problem!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Englehart
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mil05006 wrote:
IKerensky wrote:

I could be wrong, that's fine. It says on their webpage that her power is multi-dimensional resurrection. If I'm wrong I'll change it no problem!

And therefore I think you are both right! laugh

She died in one dimension (timeline) and resurrected in another one.

That's why the heroes are completely caught by surprise by her betrayal; she remembers them leaving her to die, but in their reality it never happened.

And I agree with the review, they captured the idea well in her card set. Sometimes she can be very easy to overcome, other times she can be impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.