Seen
slathe
Slinkydink
talusproteus
varoan

Starting Leader:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Slathe

Room, please elect a leader and choose ONE PERSON to be banished from The Arena to the The Catacombs. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices.

Your deadline to do this is Friday, 19:00 BGG time (CST).

If you have a rules or role question, PM me, and I'll answer them in the main thread.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room.

Main thread located here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternate theme for the Champion of the Gods.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

In case it isn't abundantly clear: Lock vote Slathe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock vote Slathe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Lawrence
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
The honey badger is really pretty badass. It has no regard for any other animal whatsoever. Look at him, he's just grunting, and eating snakes. Eew! What's that? A mouse? Oh that's nasty.
badge
But look! The honey badger doesn't care! It's getting stung like a thousand times. It doesn't give a $#%^. It's just hungry. It doesn't care about being stung by bees. Nothing can stop the honey badger when it's hungry. What a crazy @&#%!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock vote Slathe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock Vote Machiavellian

Well played Blue team. I commend you for using your roles in the most effective manner to ensure your victory, despite your earlier setbacks.

Red Brigade is defeated. Slinky, out of curiosity, were you the Angel, the Demon or the Mayor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Lock Vote Machiavellian

Well played Blue team. I commend you for using your roles in the most effective manner to ensure your victory, despite your earlier setbacks.

Red Brigade is defeated. Slinky, out of curiosity, were you the Angel, the Demon or the Mayor?

He claimed demon to me in last round but didn't show me to prove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock Vote Slathe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
[q="Machiavellian"]Lock Vote Machiavellian

Huh. Then he has to be the mayor.

Angel couldn't claim demon, as Angel can't lie and Demon can't claim demon, as demon MUST lie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Slathe wrote:

Angel couldn't claim demon, as Angel can't lie and Demon can't claim demon, as demon MUST lie.

Oh, he claimed it to me by saying he was not demon. I believe the message was

I am NOT Demon
I AM bitten (as I was asking everyone if they were bitten).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:
Slathe wrote:

I am NOT Demon

I suspect Mike or Mowglee is the mayor, the other is the angel and the buried role is voyeur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense. I'm guess that Mowglee was ANGEL and that Mike was... well, Mike didn't really play so we will call it the anti-mayor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe wrote:
Slathe wrote:
Machiavellian wrote:
Slathe wrote:

I am NOT Demon

I suspect Mike or Mowglee is the mayor, the other is the angel and the buried role is voyeur.

Buried role is red tease. Voyeur was active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slathe
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Makes sense. I'm guess that Mowglee was ANGEL and that Mike was... well, Mike didn't really play so we will call it the anti-mayor.

Whisper Machiavellian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natalie
United States
flag msg tools
You know I love the players and you love the game
badge
Let the games begin
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock Vote Slathe

Good game everyone! Everyone played really well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt C
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more locked votes needed on Slathe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whisper into the ears of the mastadon (Slathe)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Whisper into the ears of the mastadon (Slathe)

I hate to be kept in the dark!
Private Reveal Machiavellian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slathe was just telling me how much cooler Elephants are than Hippos. I was defending Hippos however. Vote no to Elephant lovers, Vote yes to Hippo lovers!

A vote for Machiavellians is a vote in favor of hippopotamuses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
Slathe was just telling me how much cooler Elephants are than Hippos. I was defending Hippos however. Vote no to Elephant lovers, Vote yes to Hippo lovers!

A vote for Machiavellians is a vote in favor of hippopotamuses!

As hippos do not hunt for elephants, nor the other way around, I see no problem in a world where both species have their place. And if occasionally there is a struggle between a hippo and an elephant (which, I assure you, is a rare occurrence), they just battle it out and will be done with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you, which is why I was so surprised when Slathe started talking about decorating the palace with the bones and skulls of the soon to be extinct hippopotamus species. His plans are mad! He plans to exterminate all Hippopotamidae! He's mad! He told me after he has eliminated all traces of the "wretched river-horse" he would begin his plans for the enslavement of all moogle-kind and the horrific pacification of the honey-badger!

Only by voting for me can we together stop this from coming to pass! Vote Machiavellian and vote to save the world from Pachyderm domination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sander Engels
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
I agree with you, which is why I was so surprised when Slathe started talking about decorating the palace with the bones and skulls of the soon to be extinct hippopotamus species. His plans are mad! He plans to exterminate all Hippopotamidae! He's mad! He told me after he has eliminated all traces of the "wretched river-horse" he would begin his plans for the enslavement of all moogle-kind and the horrific pacification of the honey-badger!

Only by voting for me can we together stop this from coming to pass! Vote Machiavellian and vote to save the world from Pachyderm domination.

If it weren't for the fact that a vote for you would mean that the game would last longer without having a different ending, I would consider voting for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... if I got enough votes for me I am pretty sure it would have a different ending.

EDIT: One more of your team needs to look at this thread and lock Slathe in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Giron
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock vote slathe

Well played Blues. Despite not controlling a transfer until R4, you still found a way.

I feel like Reds could have done things differently to make this interesting, but I don't know what exactly. The role combo of Rat,Pirate,Kangaroo,Interrogator is pretty strong.

I definitely was a pretty bad Body Snatcher as the only card I snatched was rather pointless. I was really hoping to get any blue card to start and then use that card to trick others into sharing again, but once I snatched that first role, the word was out and nobody would share with me at that point. Plus the fact that I stole the Negotiator card made it harder to bluff that I was actually that role. If I stole any other card I could've private revealed it to make a bluff more believable.

Anyway thanks everyone, it was fun!

Edit typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least my furious wrath will end the life of that wretched pirate and the frustrating anti-mayor mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.