Julian Ortega
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the status cards:

Scenario 1: First I became a Vizier, and then I got married...

Case 1-A: If I got married in a City, this city becomes my second origin (place a token that represent my second origin), since I already have the origin City in which I'm the Vizier. Does this mean that from now on, if I wanted to visit a City it would have to be only one of these two back and forth with no other cities to choose from? If such is the case, my collection of City Cards would be wasted.

Case 1-B: If I got married in a non-city space, and avoid all the cities on my way until I make it back to my Vizier City, can I take my wife to my Vizier City (where my origin token is)?

Scenario 2: First I became a Vizier, and then I became a Vizier in another city...

Case 2-A: Is this allowed?

Case 2-B: If this is allowed, again, does this mean that from now on, if I wanted to visit a City it would have to be only one of these two back and forth with no other cities to choose from? If such is the case, my collection of City Cards would be wasted.

Scenario 3: I am a Vizier in a City. Then I had an amazing encounter in a place of power, and I became their Sultan (without any Vizier status requirements). Am I still a Vizier in the other city?

Thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding as soon as you get something that moves or relocates your origin token the original event/status using that token is abolished.

So upon becoming vizier you ditch your spouse.

Or upon becoming married, you lose your viziership.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Ortega
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Michael. This solves my questions to all the different scenarios I've been through involving the origin token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to post the same thing so +2 agreenment on the rules provided by Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the FAQ on the zman website

Quote:
The Destination and Origin markers: Many things in the game will instruct you to place your Destination or Origin marker in a location. For instance, if you get the Married status, you will mark your "home" by placing your Origin marker on the nearest city. If some other game effect forces you to move your Destination or Origin marker, you lose the effect (i.e. the status) associated with that marker! (If you are playing with the storytelling variant: If you can cleverly work the loss of the earlier status into your story, you should certainly claim a small reward for your cleverness.)

http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Tales_of_the_Arabian_Nights_F...
As found in the links section of the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Ortega
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again, thank you, Michael. An thank you Neil and Kevin for the additional information. I'm definitely checking out the storytelling variant. This is a game that my wife and I haven't been able to put down for the past three weeks. We've even been considering getting a second copy to avoid the book rotation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Barkes
Spain
Malaga
Andalucia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A second copy? Wow, your wealth must be 'fabulous'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.