Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Sir Bedivere's special power be used in addition to his heroic action or if he does that is that his heroic action?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
Can Sir Bedivere's special power be used in addition to his heroic action or if he does that is that his heroic action?

Thanks.

Special powers may always be used in addition to Heroic Action(s). You are required to perform at least one Heroic Action on your turn. However, you are not required to use your Special power.

EDIT: Same for any other knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:
Alderdust wrote:

Thanks.

Special powers may always be used in addition to Heroic Action(s). You are required to perform at least one Heroic Action on your turn. However, you are not required to use your Special power.

Wow thanks for the fast reply what about Sir Kay and Catapults can he play fight cards then roll the dice then decide to play more fight cards or is his special ability only for lancelot, dragon, and the black knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
chadnorth wrote:
Alderdust wrote:

Thanks.

Wow thanks for the fast reply what about Sir Kay and Catapults can he play fight cards then roll the dice then decide to play more fight cards or is his special ability only for lancelot, dragon, and the black knight?

Sir Kay can only lay one more additional card in the above fight quests or vs. a catapult.

If you need the references in the rules, Book of Quests or the FAQ. Let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its ok I will take your word for it. I just got the game today and will be playing it soon and want to make sure I get the questions I have sorted out before teaching to my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Kay's Special Power vs Siege Engines
chadnorth wrote:
Alderdust wrote:

what about Sir Kay and Catapults can he play fight cards then roll the dice then decide to play more fight cards or is his special ability only for lancelot, dragon, and the black knight?

Sir Kay can only lay one more additional card in the above fight quests or vs. a catapult.

Just to be clear, it says that Sir Kay's special power only applies to Quests (i.e. "If you are on a Quest when Combat ends,") so he can't use his special power to fight Siege Engines since that isn't a Quest. This makes even more sense when you think about it, since it would basically nullify Sir Owain's 'roll d8 before' power when fighting Siege Engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MythicParty wrote:
chadnorth wrote:
Alderdust wrote:

what about Sir Kay and Catapults can he play fight cards then roll the dice then decide to play more fight cards or is his special ability only for lancelot, dragon, and the black knight?

Just to be clear, it says that Sir Kay's special power only applies to Quests (i.e. "If you are on a Quest when Combat ends,") so he can't use his special power to fight Siege Engines since that isn't a Quest. This makes even more sense when you think about it, since it would basically nullify Sir Owain's 'roll d8 before' power when fighting Siege Engines.

Have to disagree with you. There is a box on page 17 of the rulebook that explicitly expresses otherwise. It is also stated on page 13 of the Book of Quests that Sir Kay CAN use his power vs. siege engines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~Ettiene De Grellet
badge
MythicParty is a collaboration of socially-conscious geeks who raise $ to help various charitable causes- thanks to our supporters at Gen Con 2010, we raised $2,052 for an effort to help Gulf Coast recovery. Anyone can get involved just ask me how!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir Kay's Special Power DOES work vs Siege Engines
I should have known better than to disagree with the resident expert.

Page 17, right: "The only exception is Sir Kay, who may play an additional Fight card when he finishes a Fight against...a Siege Engine."
Page 13, bottom: "Sir Kay may also use his Special Power when fighting a Siege Engine."

So that settles that.

However I would like to talk about whether the Siege Engines are technically a Quest, which I will do over in the relevant spot:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1164541/defeating-siege-eng...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.