Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious if there are any good, non-cooperative zombie games? I think every collection should have a zombie game, and currently I have Zombicide but it's too susceptible to the "alpha player" or "quarterback" problem of co-op games.

I'd like something that fits the theme of killing an undead horde while minimizes the ability for the game to degrade into a solo experience. Is there anything out there like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game isn't bad. It's team vs team though.

Dawn of the Zeds (Second edition) is a solo zombie game, but not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mall of Horror

City of Horror is also pretty good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Zpocalypse is semi-coop: you need to work together to kill off the hordes, but everyone is secretly out for themselves. The rulebook is crap but if you watch a play-through it is pretty easy to follow.

Another great semi-coop game, though maybe hard to find right now, is Huida de Silver City: you work together, but every time someone takes a wound, there is a chance that they will be secretly bitten, and infected. If you are unbitten and escape the city with an infected person, you lose. If you escape while infected, you win. So the whole game is frought with suspicion: you don't know who is infected or not, and everyone turns on each other in the end. It's very fun. They're supposed to be bringing it to the U.S. sometime this year (maybe via Kickstarter?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eli Bennett
Canada
Canwood
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out dead of winter, it's a meta co-op. You have a common goal for all players, but each player also has a secret objective that could put them at odds with other players. So, all players are trying to help with the main objective and win by also fulfilling there secret one before the game is over. It's by Plaid Hat Games, isn't out yet but due I think in March or April, and you can preorder on there sight now. Also, Run, Fight or Die is due out this summer I think, and it might fit the bill as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game is one of the best zombie games IMHO especially as a two player game (one on one). Run, Fight, or Die! and Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game are upcoming titles worth keeping an eye on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
Still the definitive zombie game in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gorski

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
Eaten by Zombies! is a Zombie Deckbuilder. You can play it competitively with last man standing as the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are some great recommendations, thanks! I'm especially interested in Huida de Silver City and Dead of Winter. Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, what I'm looking for, if it exists, is something like Dead Rising from the Xbox. I want a game where players compete against each other to try and kill as many zombies as possible. Combo together items to increase kill count and try to survive as long as you can and rack up as high a kill count as you can.

Does something like this exist? If not, can one of our awesome designers make it please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
I guess, what I'm looking for, if it exists, is something like Dead Rising from the Xbox. I want a game where players compete against each other to try and kill as many zombies as possible. Combo together items to increase kill count and try to survive as long as you can and rack up as high a kill count as you can.

Munchkin Zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The One
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
Daybreak wrote:

How about just plain old Zombies!!!? It's cheap, easy to teach and one of the victory conditions is to collect 25 zombie kills. It still goes down well with my group when we feel in the mood for a lighter game.

Admittedly there not much depth, but there are loads of expansions and potential for customisation. And it comes with 100 plastic zombies, did I mention that it comes with 100 plastic zombies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.