Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may sound dumb, but I have to ask:

When a card says something along the lines of "If you trash a card from your hand, you gain X.", that means I can choose to trash a card (any card) from my hand that I did not use for my word, correct? Like, I do not have to wait for another card to make me trash a card from my Hand, I can choose to trash.

That's how the wife and I played it, but I just wanted to clarify and make sure I was doing it right.

By the way, games pretty fun, even though my wife beats the hell out of me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You are correct - when it refers to hand it means the cards you didn't use in your word. And yes it allows you to trash a card, you don't have to wait for another card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fubeca wrote:
You are correct - when it refers to hand it means the cards you didn't use in your word. And yes it allows you to trash a card, you don't have to wait for another card.

So in order to use a card that gives you a power when you trash a card you don't have to have also played a card that says "trash this card" to benifit from the card that said you get a power if you trash a card. Ok Thanks for the clarification as I had the same question, but to add to it...
In order to trash a card from your hand, do you have had to play a card that mentions trashing? Or other words can you just choose to trash on your own because you want to cull your deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we do it... The "if you trash a card" cards are the ones that allow you to trash from your hand...you cannot just trash anytime.

The wording is just incompatible with other deck-builders...it should be "You may trash a card" and this happens, instead of "if you trash a card" this happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fowers
United States
OGDEN
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Yeah - it was a mistake. It should say something like "You may trash a card from hand, if you do, +$1" I will fix it in the second printing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! This will make a huge difference in the game. I thought that it was a really odd design choice to have relatively so many cards that referenced trashing with no reliable way to trash them. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.