Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
arif ally
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few games have came over the past few months that I am not sure if they would be a good fit for me. Since no one at board game night has it, I am a bit suck in what to do. Here they are from highest to lowest, from what I am really want to get to the so-so.

1. Gravwell
2. Quantum
3. Relic Runners
4. Rolling Freight

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Bodah
United States
Cambridge
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gravwell was too long to be a filler and too light to be a main course. I didn't care for it a whole bunch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clem Fandango
New Zealand
WELLINGTON
flag msg tools
Stephen, it's Clem Fandango. Can you hear me?
badge
YES I can hear you Clem Fandango!
mbmbmbmbmb
computerarif wrote:
A few games have came over the past few months that I am not sure if they would be a good fit for me. Since no one at board game night has it, I am a bit suck in what to do. Here they are from highest to lowest, from what I am really want to get to the so-so.

1. Gravwell
2. Quantum
3. Relic Runners
4. Rolling Freight

There's 65,000 games listed here, and I can tell you there are some real gems out there you can get cheaply and which will have reviews that tell you how they play. So if no one can help you with these newbies, there are some total corkers out there.

Some time ago I did this geeklist Why are not everyone playing more older games to look at great games which are 15 years and older, but really there are heaps of fantastic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Williams
United Kingdom
Penkridge
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played Quantum and Relic Runners but here are my thoughts:

1. Quantum
I loved this it was a very clever little game that packs a reasonable amount of tactics and luck together and finds a novel way of using dice. You can customise the game by changing the layout of the tiles and that will determine how confrontational the game is. I normally shy away from overtly confrontational games but I found that this game works best when you are in the thick of the battle for planets. It is fairly tactical rather than strategic as the game state changes significantly from one turn to the next. It plays pretty fast and is very enjoyable.
5/5

2. Relic Runners
As you would expect from Days of Wonder the production quality is amazing and the theme is enjoyable. However I cant help feeling that the theme is a little pasted on as it does not seem to make a lot of sense. The game itself is fine, I have played it twice with 4 players and in both games 2 players found themselves fairly stranded with limited options while the other 2 players built really effective point engines and dominated the game. Whether this is a flaw in the balance of the game or a flaw in the players I don't know but it does seem that a bad decision early on can cost you the game.
3/5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Thomas
United States
Coshocton
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know much about the other two, but Relic Runners and Rolling Freight are pretty cool. Relic Runners is a neat little race that's for the family. Rolling Freight plays kinda like Railways of the World a little. Still fun though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.