Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doing a little polling

I would love if you would answer this little poll.

Please bump this thread, so I can get as many replies as possible.

And if anyone is interested in play testing, check this thread: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1127058/looking-for-play...

Thanks

Poll
1. Would you be likely to buy an expansion adding a 5th player?
Yes
Yes, but only with additional content
No
2. Would you be likely to buy an expansion adding a 5th and 6th player?
Yes
Yes, but only with additional content
No
3. Keeping in mind that for each additional player added, the prices increases, which would you want?
An expandion adding a 5th player
An expansion adding a 6th player
I like Clash but I am not interested in more players
      239 answers
Poll created by marqzen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bump! I am really excited to see possible plans to expand the game farther. I voted for an unqualified "yes" for an expansion just adding extra players for myself, but I do feel that not adding some additional content would make it less likely to sell overall and be a missed opportunity. I'd think you'd want to give groups of no more than four players a reason still to pick it up anyway.

The extra content doesn't have to be extra plastic (which the new sides would already require). The extra content could be modular tweaks for players to tinker with the game as they desire. There could be options for shortening the game (always a concern when adding players) or introducing a variety of scenarios.

Thanks so much for your support of this great game, Christian!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More players + more content please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested only if measures are taken against additional downtime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielmann wrote:

Me too cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be clear. I'd love an expansion... but the game is pretty long already with 4 so I doubt I'd play it with more than that. Even our last 3p game took over four hours. Granted we had 1 first time player so had to do a rules explanation first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
To be clear. I'd love an expansion... but the game is pretty long already with 4 so I doubt I'd play it with more than that. Even our last 3p game took over four hours. Granted we had 1 first time player so had to do a rules explanation first.

This. I'd love an expansion that adds a fith player (and new content) as many times we are five players at the table, but three/four players games take us about three and a half to four hours to finish already. A fifth player would make the game even longer, so I dunno.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Massey
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:

All True, but to have the 5-6 option available would be nice
Brings back memories the old all-night'ers we pulled with AH Civilization in the early 90's.
But having CoC more attractive play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel additional players would negatively impact the game. It is already rather difficult for one player to attack the opposite corner. If you had five or six players, it would be similar to a four-player game, since you could only reasonably attack your two neighbours, but with greatly increased downtime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter VdM
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the game a lot and I'm very interested in the upcoming expansion. From this starting I would maybe buy an expansion that also provides a chance to play with more players. For me, the core of an expansion however has to be additional content and extra options for the game, cause my game group is just not big enough (and only in holidays we would have enough time to play a 4+P game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hutch
Australia
North Fitzroy
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No thanks. The game is already one of the longest I own. Will never use the extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jonatan dyre
Denmark
flag msg tools
I would buy it but proberly never play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would buy if play time is ok for even more players, additional goodies are nice, but not needed. Price is not that big of a factor.

If it would just finally be released in German. Any news on that front?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fielmann wrote:

+1 and price is not really a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add another +1 for avoiding downtime. I had been thinking about special scenarios to accomplish this, but I wonder if team play would be an option somehow (?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I love the idea of expansions, and I think the planned Civilizations expansion sounds brilliant.

But IMO added player expansions tend to make things drag horribly, and I rarely have enough players to need them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd ask to leave the content in content expansions and add the player bump expansions in their own package for those that want it. Even though I like the game I won't buy a $40 expansion if half that price is to add additional player counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana Dawson
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reddish22 wrote:
I'd ask to leave the content in content expansions and add the player bump expansions in their own package for those that want it. Even though I like the game I won't buy a $40 expansion if half that price is to add additional player counts.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like a 5th player, but would love a 6th (we've already used 2 sets for 6). I will always buy expansions to any game I like that expands the number of players to at least 6 (below that number severely limits tabletime for us), regardless of content, but I'm much more circumspect about content only expansions, especially if the game doesn't support at least 6 already.

Downtime is not a problem for us, it's only a medium length game by our standards, and is no problem. It could easily be fixed by adding 50% to rounds and making them 2 actions each however if it's perceived to be a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Owens
Philippines
Cainta
Rizal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really think that a fifth and sixth player would slow the game down too much. Four players is already pushing it, to be honest. When one person is learning it tends to make everything slow down. And though learning the process helps, experience doesn't make the choices in this game any easier. Or at least it hasn't for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A 5th or 6th player expansion?
San Il Defanso wrote:
I really think that a fifth and sixth player would slow the game down too much.
It would certainly slow the game, but I always feel that 5 is ideal for empire/conquest games, because 4 often devolves into 2 vs 2, which is sometimes something that appears, at least in the early stages of CoC, before the board fills in the centre. 5 at least allows for unbalanced/shifting alliances if one faction or a two player partnership look like getting too dominant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
San Il Defanso wrote:
I really think that a fifth and sixth player would slow the game down too much. Four players is already pushing it, to be honest. When one person is learning it tends to make everything slow down. And though learning the process helps, experience doesn't make the choices in this game any easier. Or at least it hasn't for me.

I completely agree. I would buy an expansion that had a 5th player in it with extra content. But only for the extra content. Downtime starts to be a problem at 4, it would become unmanageable at 5 or 6 unless there were some rules put it to handle it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voodoo Chile
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Contrary to what others have said, I do not feel that this game takes that long to play. I'd estimate it's a 2 to 2.5 hour game with 4 players. That compares very favorably to other 4X games. I also do not think this game has a downtime problem at all.

I would purchase an expansion to play with more players. Clash of Cultures is my favorite game at the moment, and I would love to be able to play it when there is a larger group of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.