Subject: Drought rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I know this seems simple, but we had a "discussion" about this enchantment when we played.

The card states "Whenever the season marker enters space 7 on the season wheel, the player with..."

Now I believe the intent of the rules is that just going into summer (ie reaching month 7-9) will activate this effect. But the discussion occurred because the player (who happened to have the most crystals), claimed that the marker had to be ON 7. Unfortunately, the clarifications in the rules (apparently) didn't clarify it either, as it just stated "Whenever the season token reaches summer (by moving from space 6 to space 7 on the season wheel). The player insisted that because the card stated the only time this effect would take place, would be if we were on month 6 and then only move to month 7. Of course, this player is a hardcore MTG player and is all about what the card ACTUALLY says as opposed to the intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are very generous in your description of your friend and your friends reasoning. Your friend is, of course, totally wrong.

The card says "enters", not "ends" or "stops". If the month marker leaves space 6, it enters space 7 - unless your friend is going to argue that it jumps from 6 to wherever it stops, without passing through any intervening spaces. In which case, your friend is not only wrong, but an idiot. Watch your friend next time your friend advances the marker, does the marker move through 7? Of course it does.
shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
You are very generous in your description of your friend and your friends reasoning. You friend is, of course, totally wrong.

The card says "enters", not "ends" or "stops". If the month marker leaves space 6, it enters space 7 - unless your friend is going to argue that it jumps from 6 to wherever it stops, without passing through any intervening spaces. In which case, your friend is not only wrong, but an idiot. Watch your friend next time your friend advances the marker, does the marker move through 7? Of course it does.
shake

I can't thumb this hard enough. Not only do I agree with the reasoning, I think the tone strikes a nice balance between firmly character-building and justifiable.

People would call me a rules lawyer, but I'm really more of a rules Supreme Court justice, because I want the right answer, not my client's (my) preferred answer. Rules lawyers are dicks. Your friend sounds like a rules lawyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.