Brian Griffith
United States
Ozark
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
Had this question come up during one of my groups games and I was hoping someone new the answer to this. If an empty transport moves to a system containing one planet with friendly ground forces and another planet with hostile forces, can the transport pick up the friendly forces at the destination system and invade the hostile planet in the same activation, or would it have had to have already been loaded or brought forces from the origin system?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking up GFs happens during movement, which is before planetary landings, so yes you could use GFs already present in the activated system to land on a hostile planet.

All movement happens before all planetary landings however, so a GF can only land on 1 planet per activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always pick up units when moving so grabbing them of the planet to invade another in the same system is fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I should mention one caveat to the above answers, though - if the target system has enemy ships, you CANNOT pick up the friendly GFs from that system, even if you win the space battle there, as explained on pages 28-29 of the rules.

Other than that, I agree with the above answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Griffith
United States
Ozark
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the detailed responses guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arcadious wrote:
All movement happens before all planetary landings however, so a GF can only land on 1 planet per activation.

rulebook pg12 wrote:
...the active player may now commence Planetary Landings by landing Ground Forces and PDS units from his Carriers onto planets in the the activated system.

If a system contains multiple planets, the active player may split any landing forces between them in any way he sees fit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Damerell
msg tools
That is not inconsistent. The point Arcadious is making is that any one GF (or MU) can only be used to invade one planet; you can't invade planet A, pick up the survivors, and use them to invade planet B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rio
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, well then....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
damerell wrote:
That is not inconsistent. The point Arcadious is making is that any one GF (or MU) can only be used to invade one planet; you can't invade planet A, pick up the survivors, and use them to invade planet B.

Yes, this was what I was trying to communicate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.