Alex Grant
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
More Yellow
badge
Great Wall of China
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say I'm foolish enough to cut off my own LC's retreat path and am then engaged by an enemy unit, like this:

E X
Y LC F
F F

E is the enemy unit engaged with my LC (facing down), F are friendly units cutting off my retreat. Can I disengage my LC (paying the usual movement/disorder cost) by moving forward-right to the space labelled X? Likewise, what about Y which is even worse - it's still in front of the enemy unit?

It seems wrong (disengaging by moving somewhere still adjacent to the same unit) but I can't find a rule actually prohibiting it. So maybe I'm just trying to make the game more complex than it's supposed to be.

Also, the note about LC's forced disengagement says "if they cannot withdraw due to being surrounded by enemy units, they are eliminated". I assume that friendly units are equally much of a problem (since there is no stacking ever) and hence the word "enemy" is redundant here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Molinari
Germany
Frankfurt
-Choose a state-
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I would say yes, you may move through "X" as I think the important thing is that by moving away while engaged you have to run a disorder check. Also as you have to MOVE AWAY, I think you may not stop the move on the "X" hex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.