Daniel Munson
United States
Rushford
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Let's PLAY!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just enjoyed our first session of Tasnia, but had a scoring rules question.

The rules state, during the construction phase, that you do not have to build from the ground up. Construction can start with any tile.

During the scoring phase, you score one point for each tile in the stockpile, and two points for each tile in an incomplete building. If you can start building with any tile, why would there ever be a stockpile tile at the end of the game? Couldn't you simply claim each tile was the beginning of a new, incomplete building?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bennet ROSENTHAL
United States
Manhattan Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that for scoring purposes an "incomplete building" must include a minimum of two tiles and must follow all of the rules of construction, e.g. no more than one door per building, wooden tiles on top of stone but never beside or below them, no tiles on top of roof tiles, no roof tiles touching the ground, no place where rain would collect (between roof peaks), height restrictions, etc, etc. So you can see that it is possible to have stockpiled tiles that cannot be combined according to the rules of construction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Munson
United States
Rushford
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Let's PLAY!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We did go with the 'two tile' idea...but even with the rules of construction, those rules refer to a completed building. If I can start with any tile, I could start with a roof tile...it's just incomplete until I can meet all the rules of construction, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel, To gain the 2 points per tile, you must have at least two tiles connected together.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason I just made my first game and I think we would be better off if we could say that an uncomplete building is something that misses a roof.

So an uncomplete building MUST have a door unless you know many carpenters that start building from the roof or build structures that float in mid air :D

This will cut all sterile discussion. You have a door? You have a deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.