Lost Legacy» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is the game only a single round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A3n Max
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read the English rules posted here & didn't see anything about the number of rounds to win the game. I Love Love Letter & it you get tokens (of affection) for winning a round & the game is won by the number of tokens reached depending on the number of players. Is Lost Legacy like this as it doesn't seem so going by the rules? Or is it meant as a single round game?

I think Love Letter does this to even out the luck factor which I believe does help. Is that Lost Legacy it isn't required?

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
I am vengeance. I am the night. I am BATMAN!
mbmbmbmbmb
Amas73 wrote:
I have read the English rules posted here & didn't see anything about the number of rounds to win the game. I Love Love Letter & it you get tokens (of affection) for winning a round & the game is won by the number of tokens reached depending on the number of players. Is Lost Legacy like this as it doesn't seem so going by the rules? Or is it meant as a single round game?

I think Love Letter does this to even out the luck factor which I believe does help. Is that Lost Legacy it isn't required?

Cheers

We always play this just like love letter... first one to 4 points wins. The game is way too short otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amas73 wrote:
I think Love Letter does this to even out the luck factor which I believe does help.
The "original" Love Letter also does not do this - that's a single-round game. I prefer playing it to a number of rounds won though, as it was published later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
There's really no need to worry about what the rules say. Play one round, a fixed number, or until you stop having fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The "lost legacy" of the title is actually the rule about how many rounds we're supposed to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A3n Max
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanx for the info guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Larson
United States
Spanish Fork
UT - Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
But what are you building up towards? That worked thematically in Love Letter because you were trying to woo a princess. It takes more than one love letter to pull that off.

Maybe you're gathering keys to the spaceship/garden? Because it has multiple locks on it. I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Waleke
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
or zombies or ...
badge
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams
mbmbmbmbmb
cymon wrote:
But what are you building up towards? That worked thematically in Love Letter because you were trying to woo a princess. It takes more than one love letter to pull that off.

Maybe you're gathering keys to the spaceship/garden? Because it has multiple locks on it. I don't know.

The point system is in the rulebook under campaign play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.