SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a new game, I add it to my Collection by filling out my User Information. I try to include the Version and I find Version to be very useful, especially for trading or for checking language in the game.

But for some games, especially older ones, the Version I have is not on the Geek, and my only option at that point is to select Custom Version Info.

I would like an extra radio button there, such as I've Got A Version Not On BGG Yet, or I Have A Version To Add Later, or Unknown Version.

I don't want to stop and Add Version at that point for various reasons, mainly that it takes more time than I want to spend at this point. Adding a Version means going to find the game, measuring the box size, finding my luggage scales and weighing it. Sometimes it means adding in a new Publisher as well. When I add a version, I do it properly, with languages, product code and so on. Sometimes you can just clone a Version and change the details, but stopping to add the Version is not what I want to do whilst recording new games.

So having a quick button on the Version field allows me to note that it's something I can add later. Further, it could be aggregated into Versions as data showing that there are other Versions but BGG is waiting for users to submit them (there are 6 Users with a Version not yet recorded).

Then I could have a record in my Collection Summary in my Profile to show Unadded Versions. This would help me gather up those games and add the Versions in one session.

The result is that I get a tool to help me improve the Geek, when I have the resource to do so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, what if you made a private geeklist? Then you'd have the list handy when you were ready to add them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I can see now which games I own that don't have the Version by looking at Games I Own and seeing which Version fields are blank. But then I have to trawl through the whole list to pick them out.

By modifying the existing tool in the Version field in User Information, I get an accurate quick result, and the Geek gets data on other possible Versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.