Konstantinos K
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if anyone here has tried playing with the Diplomacy point variant (gamers guide and General v19 i6) and/or the Total war variant v21 i3). How balanced are they? I had a very positive past experience with the Diplomacy points play, together with 20 variant chits-each side drawing 2 (diplomatically relevant chits counting for a +3 DRM, when applied to the particular country situation, so no variants are voided). Adjustment to the intelligence table negated foreign aid result is necessary to apply to diplomacy points. Example roll of 5-6 negates 3DP, etc...
A great additional variant in my view is L. Bucher's British surrender rules that can be combined with the Diplomacy version seamlessly.
On the other hand, I have never tried the more radical Total War mods (v21 I 3)and R. Beyma's Russian IC mods (also from the General). Obviously those are quite radical andbring the game closer to A3R territory, but still avoiding the complicated a3R naval rule mess...could be a good transition path for people who want to eventually play A3R some day...
Any feedback is appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.