Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
Have camera, will travel!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a "Hmm.. seems odd," but I submitted a video on Province on either Thursday or Friday (I can't remember). I've yet to hear back, though, on whether it's approved or denied. Normally I wouldn't mind so much, but it's a KS preview/review that I made for the game, and the KS ends in a week, so I want to make sure it gets on the site asap.

The reason I think it may be a bug is that I submitted the video while at work, behind my office's very finicky firewall. It has a habit of messing up javascript and forms, and sometimes when I navigate BGG through it, I get missing scripts and images. This was what the site looked like when I submitted the video, but the form said it went, so I have no idea..

Sorry if this is me just being a pointless worrier, but thank you for looking into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
Something about it was weird - it was in the queue, and it didn't have any votes (the videos on either side of it did). It worked fine when I played it, and I approved it, but I see now that it wasn't linked to a game, and it's not showing up on the game's page or in your contributions. You may have to resubmit it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I just looked at all the pending Videos

you do not have any pending Videos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for looking into it. Shortly after I made this board I got a message about it being approved, but it's not showing up linked to the game and if I link to it, I get a redirect loop error. It's also not showing up in my contributions list. Stranger and stranger.

I tried to resubmit it but I got an error saying the video was already submitted for approval. So yeah. The YouTube id is nUCkkYKOuPc. If someone wants to delete the broken video, I'll try resubmitting it now from home.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just real fast, the video link in the approval email I just got was this http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/41078//tiffany-reviews-pr..., which doesn't have a game link, so thus doesn't work. Is there a way to attach the game link retroactively?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The link has double slashes

http://boardgamegeek.com/video/41078//tiffany-reviews-previe...

but when I take out one of the slashes, or everything after the video ID, it goes right back to the above address.

I don't want to delete it yet, because I don't think you'll be able to reupload the same video. There may be a trick to get the system to forget that video number. My only other (clunky) thought would be to reupload it to YouTube to get a new video id.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tar3820 wrote:
Just real fast, the video link in the approval email I just got was this http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/41078//tiffany-reviews-pr..., which doesn't have a game link, so thus doesn't work. Is there a way to attach the game link retroactively?

I tried taking out the second slash, taking out everything after the id number, and inserting the game name - none of that worked.

The "stuff" after something's ID number shouldn't matter... like

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/112

will work, or

an image URL without anything after the ID number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what can we do here? I mean, at this point if you remove it from the system and we discover I can't re-add it, I'll be just where I am now, right? Can we give that a shot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tar3820 wrote:
So what can we do here? I mean, at this point if you remove it from the system and we discover I can't re-add it, I'll be just where I am now, right? Can we give that a shot?

I declined it. You can try resubmitting it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
tar3820 wrote:

I declined it. You can try resubmitting it.

Darn. No dice. When I try to resubmit it says the video is already there and links me to it (the same link I posted above). I guess there's no way to remove that reference in the database then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I know of (doesn't mean it's impossible, just that I don't know how to do it). Can you reupload it to Youtube and get a different video id? Or does it already have comments and such that you want to retain the first one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
Not that I know of (doesn't mean it's impossible, just that I don't know how to do it). Can you reupload it to Youtube and get a different video id? Or does it already have comments and such that you want to retain the first one?

It already has over a thousand views and comments and what not. No offense to the Geek, but having my video listed here isn't worth losing those stats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mean you should delete the old one. Sorry if I was unclear. I'm trying to find an alternate solution for you, but the quickest way would probably still be to upload it again, and submit it with the new ID.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh.. I guess I could have an unlisted version of the video up. Is there no one more in the code that can look into this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just heard back from another admin that works with the videos; unfortunately, he was familiar with the issue as it's happened before, and he doesn't know of a way to manually fix it. He agreed with what I said about uploading another copy.

Update - while we can't update it, another admin helped me to delete it, and I tried a test-upload (without uploading it all the way, just to see if it would think it was a duplicate) and it did not. Try it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
I just heard back from another admin that works with the videos; unfortunately, he was familiar with the issue as it's happened before, and he doesn't know of a way to manually fix it. He agreed with what I said about uploading another copy.

Update - while we can't update it, another admin helped me to delete it, and I tried a test-upload (without uploading it all the way, just to see if it would think it was a duplicate) and it did not. Try it now.

Submitted! It looks like it went through this time. Hopefully it won't have the same issue as the last time. Thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It shows as being linked to the game this time and has votes, so looks like it's working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Caires

Oregon
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
It shows as being linked to the game this time and has votes, so looks like it's working.

YAY! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.