Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a backer of the 3rd edition, my first reaction to the new 4th edition Kickstarter was dismay that the game I've had less than six months was already outdated. After reading the description closer, I realized that most of the changes are ones I can live without (bigger box) and I'm just happy to own this great game.

The only thing that concerned me was this, from the list of changes:

"Revamped player maps with wider streets that are compatible with future planned expansions."

Does that mean my 3rd edition will not be compatible with future expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophryon wrote:
As a backer of the 3rd edition, my first reaction to the new 4th edition Kickstarter was dismay that the game I've had less than six months was already outdated. After reading the description closer, I realized that most of the changes are ones I can live without (bigger box) and I'm just happy to own this great game.

The only thing that concerned me was this, from the list of changes:

"Revamped player maps with wider streets that are compatible with future planned expansions."

Does that mean my 3rd edition will not be compatible with future expansions?

Without knowing what will be in those expansions, we can't say for sure. However, since the cubes are the same size, it seems like expansions would be compatible with both. Though possibly a little more difficult to use if they involve moving things or covering several squares. I suppose an expansion could also involve street pieces, which would be difficult to fit on the older boards, but even that wouldn't be completely incompatible, just harder to fit.

Despite owning the 3rd edition, I pledged for the 4th to support one of my new favorite games, as well as allowing it to support up to 8 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey McC
United States
Central Point
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know we don't know anything yet. I was hoping someone official would see this here. It didn't seem an appropriate question for the Kickstarter comments.

I backed the new version, too, mainly in case they have some interesting improvements planned. I was hesitant, though. I really need to rein in my Kickstarter spending and it's hard to justify backing for something I already own. If it turns out that the wider streets are indeed relevant to future expansions, I hope they would make the boards available to 3rd edition owners; as print-and-play if nothing else.

That said, I am happy to have my 3rd edition with the nifty looking stickers, so this isn't as much of a gripe as it sounds. Just thinking about things to come.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophryon wrote:
I know we don't know anything yet. I was hoping someone official would see this here. It didn't seem an appropriate question for the Kickstarter comments.

I backed the new version, too, mainly in case they have some interesting improvements planned. I was hesitant, though. I really need to rein in my Kickstarter spending and it's hard to justify backing for something I already own. If it turns out that the wider streets are indeed relevant to future expansions, I hope they would make the boards available to 3rd edition owners; as print-and-play if nothing else.

That said, I am happy to have my 3rd edition with the nifty looking stickers, so this isn't as much of a gripe as it sounds. Just thinking about things to come.

I would say that it's a very appropriate question for the KickStarter comments. I hadn't noticed that particular phrasing until you pointed it out. I'm now very curious if future expansions will somehow not be compatible with the 3rd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
Turku, Finland / Boston, MA, USA
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Future map expansions will be 100% compatible with the 3rd edition.

Future cube expansions will be 99.5% compatible with the 3rd edition. We increased the space between the squares from about 6mm to about 10mm to be able to fit small cubes (traffic, riots, crime, zombies) between them.

Intense performance tests have shown that they fit just fine in the old boards as well. Just try it, take a 8-10mm cube (the current income cubes) and stick it between two of the large cubes and place them on the board.

Oh, and please, tell Alban how much you love zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate zombies and find they make a terrible addition to any game. But I have the edition of Town Center with Lego bricks so I imagine these expansions will be incompatible anyway. In which case, add as many zombies as you like. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, Lego edition rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
woodnoggin wrote:
I hate zombies and find they make a terrible addition to any game. But I have the edition of Town Center with Lego bricks so I imagine these expansions will be incompatible anyway. In which case, add as many zombies as you like. zombie

Yes, the comment was in jest, as also Alban dislikes zombies.

However, you never know, that kind of thing never really dies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh I just got the 3rd edition and extra boards 2 weeks ago... I completely missed the upcoming KS info till now!

For what I can understand it's just an updated box and revised board layout, am I right?

EDIT: there is also a new reference central board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LudiCreations
Finland
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
You can check out the campaign page: http://kck.st/1bZJhpZ - there's a list of what is different, and what additional things are/will be added.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missed that part reading the KS page, I'll go and check.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.