Ben Marks
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Powered by hobbits
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note: This is a session report from a game of War of the Ring played this weekend. Both players were relatively new to the game and I (as the shadow player) sought advice on BGG, a large amount of strategy was offered up by havoc110 and I would like to thank him for the victory. This is the first in any of the games I have played where I have managed to beat my brother at War of the Ring.

Players:
Shadow:
Ben Marks
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
Powered by hobbits
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Free Peoples:
Joshua Marks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools

Thanks to
Donald Walsh
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
badge
I buy science fiction/fantasy book collections in MD/DC/VA. GeekMail me.
mbmbmbmbmb

The story of middle earth begun the same as any other telling, the fate rested on the destruction of one small and insignificant looking ring. The fellowship was setting out from Rivendell on their journey, albeit somewhat lighter than usual tellings of this story as Gimli and Boromir had not journeyed forth with the fellowship and had instead returned to their homelands to inform them of the impending war.

SP:The might of the white tower was brought into the fray early in the tale with Saruman himself mustering an army and invading the boarders of Rohan, ignoring Helm’s Deep and heading straight for Edoras. With Rohan’s forces suspecting of Saruman’s treachery Edoras was nearly deserted and Helms Deep fortified to full capacity. During this time Sauron unable to muster his deadliest servant brought forth his forces to the edge of Mordor and issues commands of war.

FP:The free people’s nations did little to protect themselves against the pending war except place their hope in the fellowship and the destruction of the ring, which moves two leagues even with the double eye of Sauron focused on the ring. Military actions were taken with the fortification of Helms Deep.

SP:Sauron moved his army out from Mordor in timing with the summoning of the witch King on Angmar, the black captain and the army moved across Osgiliath and into Minas Tirith. The battle waged for many rounds and Boromir was taken as casualty as an effect of combat (card). Then many more effects of combat make to fruition allowing the forces of shadow to make quick work of the citadel and claim Minas Tirith to the dark. During the fall of the citadel the white hand continued to plague Rohan pinning Théoden King in helms deep with little hope for respite.

FP:All of the free peoples of middle earth placed their hope in a small hobbit, who continued his journey forth with the ring, Gandalf as the guide made use of the elven ring Narya and allowed the FP to gather more events which he hoped would assist them in their struggle.

SP:Having conquered Minas Tirith Sauron turned his eye on the rest of Gondor . Leaving a small militia to look after the citadel Sauron quickly took Pelagir and Dol Ameroth before taking his forces around the mountains to pin in the forces at Helms Deep. While the pirates from a foreign land began to muster in the East.

FP: Sensing that their end was nigh the Free Peoples placed their hope in Gandalf the White who had suffered a mortal blow while guiding the fellowship. Unfortunately for the forces of evil, the true white wizard encountered the ancient and mighty Ent Treebeard during his reincarnation in Fangorn and together they moved forth to assist at Helms Deep. Their combined leadership made this a mighty army and unnerved the forces of the white tower.

SP: With Helms Deep no longer ripe for the taking the forces of evil mustered an army of pirates quickly due to events that took place and was able to move forth on the Iron Hills. The dwarves made a last stand in Erabor. They sensed their home was doomed and not for the first time in the history of Middle Earth abandoned the mountain to the invader, making a retreat for the Woodland Realm and the help of the elves. There was however, little relief as the forces of evil moved swiftly after them and tool the woods for their own…sealing the fate of Middle Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itamar Parann
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool move, bypassing Helm's Deep :-)
Why did FP not move against Isengard while its forces were a-roaming far afield?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Marks
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools