11 Posts

Kemet» Forums » Rules

Subject: Capturing Pyramid/abilities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jakusotsu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I capture an opponent's lvl 4 Blue Pyramid, and he has both the Sphinx tile and the Blue VP tile, do I get a total of 3 VP all at once?

1 for the lvl4 pyramid
1 for the Sphinx VP
1 for the Blue VP

What if I own either a Red or White VP tile at the time of capturing the blue pyramid? Does that conflict with the "you can't own two tiles of the same symbol" rule?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

You just get the Pyramid Temporary VP, the Tiles (and therefore creatures) still belong to your opponent. They are permanent and cannot be stolen in any way.

Have fun playing,
Arnaud.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Hello

When you capture an opponent's pyramid, you d'ont get the tiles he has allready purchased.

In your case, you only get on VP for the level4 pyramid.
The opponent keep his tiles (and his 2 ohters VPs)

Have Fun

Guillaume
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
Arnaud : 1 - Guillaume : 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakusotsu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused because the English rulebook stated that "a player who controls an opponent's pyramid with a troop gets all its benefits (even the temporary VP if it's a level 4 pyramid)." I guess this means the power tiles are not in the same "benefits" category.

Another question-- "As long as his pyramid is controlled by an opponent, a player looses all its benefits"-- does this mean blue player's Sphinx VP and VP Tile are both temporarily lost as long as his pyramid is lost? Just making sure.

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Montiage
France
flag msg tools
designer
A pyramid you control gives you the opportunity to buy a tile (depending on the color & level)
Once purchased, you can NEVER loose this tile (even if you loose the pyramid)
Once purchased, a tile is no longer linked to a pyramid. It is yours until the end of the game.

So if I buy the Sphinx and the VP Tile, I will never loose them (and never loose the VP). Even if an opponent control my blue pyramid.
As long as this opponent control my blue lvl4 pyramid, I can't buy blue tiles. But this opponent can.

In fact, this VP are permanent VP (you can't loose them).

Sorry for my bad english :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bigbadVuk
Norway
flag msg tools
The "benefits" are the 1 VP and also the ability to purchase lvl 4 and down. So if you have white and red pyramid, and you capture someone's lvl 4 blue pyramid, you get to actually buy whatever tile is still available from all levels of blue, since you now "own" the pyramid. Anything previously purchased by the previous owner is owned by him. Likewise, if you do buy something while capturing it, and the other player takes it back, you get to keep the tile you purchased.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakusotsu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the further clarification. Tiles can never be stolen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shion smith
msg tools
Technically it should be pointed out that another "benefit" of a pyramid is the ability to teleport from them. So if you capture an opponents pyramid, you may then use it to teleport away I believe. In this manner I have catpured an opponents pyramid, then teleported to an empty temple in order to gain an extra vp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
shion_ca wrote:
Technically it should be pointed out that another "benefit" of a pyramid is the ability to teleport from them. So if you capture an opponents pyramid, you may then use it to teleport away I believe. In this manner I have catpured an opponents pyramid, then teleported to an empty temple in order to gain an extra vp.

Nice one. I'd never thought of that possibility, but the rules explicitly allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bikini Cowboy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is well made this way.

Square victory tokens can never stolen, round one will.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.