Subject: Free Search Action and the SUB MG rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
(1) re: Ned's Free Search

Can this be done at ANY point in his turn or must it be left till last ?

(2) SUB MG (roll 3, need 5+, damage 1) - this would be more clearer with pix but ...

I'm in a zone with a walker and there is a walker in the next zone.
I roll 3 die, and get 6, 6 and 3.
I know one of those 6s takes out the walker in my zone, but can I use the other one to take out the walker in the next zone too ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joe marty
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Ned can use his extra search at any point in his turn.
(2) No you can not take out a walker in the next zone. It would be a completely separate roll to shoot a zombie in another zone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) At any point
2) Nope. At the start of the FIRE!!! action you must select a zone, where you will be fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
They call me Mister...
Ireland
Donegal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You only target one zone in a ranged attack, any superfluous hits are just lost if that zone has no other zombies that can take damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Watterson
England
flag msg tools
mb
(1) Good to have that confirmed, meant I was able to (whilst in blue)
(no1) kill a zombie
(no2) duck back inside,
(no3) do a free search (finding that SUB MG),
then (no4) go back outside to be ready for some killing next turn. - which if I had to use the free action at the end wouldn'ta been possible.

(2) Thanx for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) is a perfectly legal use of Ned's actions. Essentially, using Ned's free Search Action allows him to have 3 other Actions in a turn, giving him a total of 4 Actions when he's at the Blue skill level (assuming one of the four is a Search action).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for clarification...
sapper_D wrote:
1) is a perfectly legal use of Ned's actions. Essentially, using Ned's free Search Action allows him to have 3 other non-search Actions in a turn, giving him a total of 4 Actions when he's at the Blue skill level (assuming one of the four is a Search action).
...the bit I added (in bold) there is important - even with the Free Search Action skill, Ned still only gets one search per turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.