Salt Lake City
1. Summoning sickness for familiars? Can they activate the same turn they are played? Guessing yes because familiars can move during or after a heroes turn.
No summoning sickness.
2. Abilities that cost fatigue but affect other players...who takes the fatigue cost? Example: exhaust this card, any player with an insight token can discard it to increase shields by 2, fatigue cost is 1. Does the controller of the ability pay 1 fatigue, or the hero discarding an insight token? My guess is hero discarding token.
The person using the skill pays the fatigue, regardless who gains the benefit.
3. Counting range: assuming a melee weapon and reach, can hero H can hit M? The dotted line is a cliff. My guess is yes.
x | x | x | M
x | x | S | x
x | H | x | x
x | x | x | x
Yes, you can attack over the ledge. I believe there was some bonus to defense for attacking over a ledge though.
4. Also, hero can search the token S even though its over a cliff because they're still technically adjacent?
Yes, they can search.
5. Can monsters with fly go over/through doors without opening it? Guessing no.
No. Squares on the either side of a door are not adjacent, so cannot be moved or 'counted'
6. Do tokens (such as insight tokens) persist between encounters? Guessing yes since most counters stay.
Yes, including conditions.
7. Order of ability activation in case of conflict?
After dice are rolled, who gets the first chance to play abilities/cards first? Overlord or heroes? I think in a lot of cases it doesn't matter but might be handy to know.
Current player would go first...but they also have the opportunity to pass and see if the other player wants to do something.