Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions

1. Summoning sickness for familiars? Can they activate the same turn they are played? Guessing yes because familiars can move during or after a heroes turn.

2. Abilities that cost fatigue but affect other players...who takes the fatigue cost? Example: exhaust this card, any player with an insight token can discard it to increase shields by 2, fatigue cost is 1. Does the controller of the ability pay 1 fatigue, or the hero discarding an insight token? My guess is hero discarding token.

3. Counting range: assuming a melee weapon and reach, can hero H can hit M? The dotted line is a cliff. My guess is yes.
x | x | x | M
x | x | S | x
--------------
x | H | x | x
x | x | x | x

4. Also, hero can search the token S even though its over a cliff because they're still technically adjacent?

5. Can monsters with fly go over/through doors without opening it? Guessing no.

6. Do tokens (such as insight tokens) persist between encounters? Guessing yes since most counters stay.

7. Order of ability activation in case of conflict?
After dice are rolled, who gets the first chance to play abilities/cards first? Overlord or heroes? I think in a lot of cases it doesn't matter but might be handy to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No summoning sickness
2)I think the prophet pays the cost
3)yes he is in range and can search

5-6) You are correct in your interpretation.

7) Active player chooses the order
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
Questions

1. Summoning sickness for familiars? Can they activate the same turn they are played? Guessing yes because familiars can move during or after a heroes turn.

No summoning sickness.

Fatesadvent wrote:
2. Abilities that cost fatigue but affect other players...who takes the fatigue cost? Example: exhaust this card, any player with an insight token can discard it to increase shields by 2, fatigue cost is 1. Does the controller of the ability pay 1 fatigue, or the hero discarding an insight token? My guess is hero discarding token.

The person using the skill pays the fatigue, regardless who gains the benefit.

Fatesadvent wrote:
3. Counting range: assuming a melee weapon and reach, can hero H can hit M? The dotted line is a cliff. My guess is yes.
x | x | x | M
x | x | S | x
--------------
x | H | x | x
x | x | x | x

Yes, you can attack over the ledge. I believe there was some bonus to defense for attacking over a ledge though.

Fatesadvent wrote:
4. Also, hero can search the token S even though its over a cliff because they're still technically adjacent?

Yes, they can search.

Fatesadvent wrote:
5. Can monsters with fly go over/through doors without opening it? Guessing no.

No. Squares on the either side of a door are not adjacent, so cannot be moved or 'counted'

Fatesadvent wrote:
6. Do tokens (such as insight tokens) persist between encounters? Guessing yes since most counters stay.

Yes, including conditions.

Fatesadvent wrote:
7. Order of ability activation in case of conflict?
After dice are rolled, who gets the first chance to play abilities/cards first? Overlord or heroes? I think in a lot of cases it doesn't matter but might be handy to know.

Current player would go first...but they also have the opportunity to pass and see if the other player wants to do something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entice wrote:

Fatesadvent wrote:
x | x | x | M
x | x | S | x
--------------
x | H | x | x
x | x | x | x

Yes, you can attack over the ledge. I believe there was some bonus to defense for attacking over a ledge though.

He said assuming reach so NO black defense die
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So can the plague worm burrow past doors?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien M
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. They are not adjacent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Al
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plague worm cannot burrow through doors. You need to be able to trace a line to where you want the plague worm to go, and you can't trace a line through a closed door/black borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jadedbacon wrote:
Plague worm cannot burrow through doors. You need to be able to trace a line to where you want the plague worm to go, and you can't trace a line through a closed door/black borders.

Just to be clear, you need to be able to count spaces to the Plague Worm's destination, not trace line of sight. Either way, you can't do it through a closed door (they block line of sight and the spaces on either side of a closed door are not considered adjacent for counting spaces).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Al
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, looking back "trace a line" was a poor choice of words. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.