Popular Tags: [View All]
Hann_Boe
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. I really like the first stand alone. thinking about getting the second one and now there will be a third stand alone.

will there be a chance to maybe get the heroes and super villains from the different sets and add them to the first game? I am having a hard time justifying a purchase of 2 & 3...then having a total of 3 different draw decks...when i will only use a deck at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Nothing like that has been planned at the moment. If the game continues on at full steam for a while I could see something like that being practical.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hann_Boe
United States
Greenville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,
while i am on the subject...i realize that United has not released yet...but do the draw decks the same powers etc?
I noticed the artwork for United was different though.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm... I don't know if I want to pay for another set of punch, vulnerability, weakness and kick cards, if I already own 2 sets (from the base game and the Heroes Unite game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartjes wrote:
Hmmmm... I don't know if I want to pay for another set of punch, vulnerability, weakness and kick cards, if I already own 2 sets (from the base game and the Heroes Unite game).

Yeah, I don't understand why all the stand alones. I want to see the base concept enhanced without having to do more deck gymnastics to make all the sets work together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
nimble123jack wrote:
Matt,
while i am on the subject...i realize that United has not released yet...but do the draw decks the same powers etc?
I noticed the artwork for United was different though.

Thanks

I'm not quite sure what the question is.
Are you asking if Heroes Unite uses the same card effects as the original set? No, they are new.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Phillips
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
I would be happy to edit your rulebook, cards, and other text and/or write flavor text for you.
badge
Buster Keaton, The Great Stone Face
mbmbmbmbmb
While I can understand the frustration of buying additional punch, kick, weakness, vulnerability cards, I will continue to buy for two reasons:

These base cards at least get different artwork which is pretty cool for adding variety to a deck.

And as long as Cryptozoic keeps up the high quality and fun factor, I'll keep buying. I haven't had so much fun playing a card game since Cribbage!

I could see the value in releasing something between the small 60 card expansions like Crisis and these massive 215 card standalones.

A 100 card expansion that includes all new content aside from the base cards akin to most Dominion expansions, I could see that being cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Sheridan
United States
flag msg tools
If nothing else I can totally see myself using the original game with the crisis expansion solely as a co-op game whereas Forever Evil can be the go to for competitive play. I think that will help give each game a better sense of theme, after all, villains are more likely to fight with each other while trying to take out the heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.