Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Arnold
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Needs more game time!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, not easy. But in three solo games and one two player game I have experienced zero problems with either the rebellion or gaining money. I can see how with more players there would be more competition for the best spots on the foreign market and how crisis would really put some pressure on the rebellion track. That seems pretty luck based however as the only time the rebel track moved very much in my games was when we had two rounds in a row where the Balance of the Archipelago was cattle. If this had been even two rounds apart we would have zero problems.

Is there a chance I am doing something wrong(maybe) or is the game really not that difficult in the semi-cooperative aspects at lower player counts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiax wrote:
Is there a chance I am doing something wrong(maybe) or is the game really not that difficult in the semi-cooperative aspects at lower player counts?

I've lost three player games due to rebellion and in many games it's been difficult to manage the rebel track. It's variable, although the longer the game continues usually the more pressing the rebel track becomes. Also, the types of crises which appear and their frequency can have a huge impact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgios P.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It won't be easy. But it can be done.
mbmbmbmbmb
Without knowing anything about how you play, it's hard to tell if you're making any mistakes.

In our games rebellion wasn't much of a problem until shortly before the end, when we got swamped by red crisis while filling up the evolution card track. Especially when you have a fairly large population, rebellion can shoot up very quickly if you lack the necessary resources in the domestic market. The foreign market in comparison rarely causes much trouble for us.

As for money, during our first games we made the mistake of activating markets/ports more often than the rules allowed and thus buying and selling much more resources than we could. It usually takes a few turns before you can easily sell multiple resources of a kind each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And with more players, you have a higher turnover of evolution cards, either by buying/replacing or turning-to-skull/replacing. This can easily cause a series of crises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Zalizniak
United States
Cheektowaga
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only gotten to play one 4 player game but the rebellion finished us off. The problem was partially taxation, but what put us over the edge was a crisis that we couldn't deal with which created like 15 temporary rebels...enough to start the march onto Winter Palace Bolshevik style. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masta De Gumbo
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Every game I've played has been a completely different story. The volatility of the rebellion track is completely unique to each game, though it tends to escalate as the game goes on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Watson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hiax wrote:

Unless you have the separatist out rebellion only ever tends to be an issue if you're particularly unlucky. The real difficulty is working out which objective cards the other players hold, and making sure you score highest on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.