Subject: What to use from the second core set? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Igor B.
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game finally arrived today, I bought 2 from the get go. I punched out 1st one and I'm wondering which disks/cards/stuff should I transfer from the 2nd one to the first one?

What are useless duplicates that I don't need and can leave in the second box?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
just the second set of leaders are less than useful. though, if more than one person is using the same army they become needed. keeping the 2 decks apart for 2 players to use would also be a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Bottorff
msg tools
mb
I think you'll find just about everything to be useful in duplicate. Even the Duplicate leaders have a use if you want to play mirror matches (or if you want to mark them up to create your own leaders).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard!
Disks - you theoretically can make use of all disks from a second set excluding Heroes, they are unique and can only have one per Army. For the small disks, you can have 3 of the same per Regiment, so all of this depends on how many Regiments you and your foe decide upon (the most common choice is 2). So with a 2 Regiment game, you can have up to 6 of any of the small disks. For medium it is two per regiment and large is one per Regiment.

Cards - definitely use the second set of Command Cards. For a two player game this means that both if you will have full access to all cards. For terrain cards, I mixed mine just so the random factor is increased, others do not. I would recommend first playing with one set and if you wish it was more variable, add the second. For Objectives I use just one set although you could add the second in to increase the chance that you and your foe could have the same rarer objectives. As is now, if I get the Hero objective and the scenario with the hero objective is on the table, I know my opponent does not have the hero objective. I also chose not to mix the Deplyment Cards, mostly because I wanted to decrease the chance of haveing four of the more bland cards to choose from.

Stuff - if you play with more than 2 regiments per Army, then you may need the extra damage counters and Activation Tokes and Empowered, etc. you will not need the additional intitiative markers including the Warhammer.

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor B.
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everyone :D Looking forward to playing the game later this afternoon

p.s.

Now that I've red the rules a bit, since every player chooses his command cards when building an army, how would that exactly work with only 1 core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would add that there could be 2 decks, one per faction: Destruction vs Order.
As you cannot mix Chaos and High Elves, say, the decks of cards could be split into 2. Thus, by removing the cards that can only be used by a faction, the decks are left with 17 cards, rather than 24.
Also remember you cannot have duplicate cards in your command card selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you only wanted to use one of your command decks, then I would recommend the following process.

1. Decide who is going to play Order and who plays destruction.
2. Decide a "draft order" for command cards. You could make it part of the Initiative process or just a separate process. Players alternate drafting the command cards they want.
3. Build regiments after command cards are drafted (since all heroes currently grant two command cards it is not a problem to draft first).

4. Go to regular game process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor B.
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, it's fine, I decided to use both command decks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor B.
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just played the tutorial scenario with my gf and we were both blown away by the game. And it's only a tutorial scenario! I love it, it's so much fun in such a little package, and it really scratches the itch I had for many years.

Bring on the expansions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.