Nikos Chondroulis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it with 2 players in order to understand how it works.
We couldn't built any frigate or cruise as we couldn't find any shipyard tile. We didn't complete the play as we felt that it was pointless and we couldn't find what we did wrong.
Is there any other way to build ships? Shipyards are only in 5 tiles and the chance to be available in a grid of 4x4 is too small.
With only one frigate you cannot expand.
And what if you fall with this single frigate onto a pirate tile and get killed? Is it just player elimination?

There is no way to propose it to my game group if i don't fully understand how it works.

Can anyone write down a review? an explanation of its mechanics?

Does anyone enjoy this game??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build as many small ships, as your capacity allows (you can even build one ship with the activation action of your start tile). You do need the shipyard or a wharf planet to build the big ships only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Chondroulis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trying to find time to play...
mbmbmbmbmb
airsonist wrote:
You can build as many small ships, as your capacity allows (you can even build one ship with the activation action of your start tile). You do need the shipyard or a wharf planet to build the big ships only.
Really?
This is what this rule means?
"Starting Field
Can be activated to call a frigate from home.
This frigate can be placed on each own fi eld in the system, also on the starting fi eld.
But the ship cannot be moved the turn it comes into play."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the rules before me, but the part about capacity should also say, that it is needed to build more ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can build as many ships as you have capacity markers so you will always be able to build at least one per turn up to your maximum.

The translations do cause problems - I've posted some questions here about the interpretation of certain cards weeks ago but without any official response. This is a bit disappointing because at Essen I was told that there would be upgrades available to the ships this year (plastic models were shown) as well as an expansion which helped me with my decision to buy a copy in the first place. But so far it looks like the game isn't getting any support - there was also nothing new on their website when I last looked?

As far as a review is concerned - the lack of support here dampens my enthusiasm although I did submit a photo.

I played a couple of 4 player games which were fine but tainted by the unsatisfactory card interpretations which we just had to house rule in the end. A single 2 player game was poor because the end game was just I take your piece, then you take it back, which didn't get either of us anywhere - we gave up. The reason that the 4 player game worked better was because there was more chaos, and therefore more of an opportunity to sneak in to achieve your own victory conditions.

EDIT: By 'coincidence' all rules question threads here seem to have been answered within 24 hours of this post, so all is not lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.